Gamergate bogeywoman Zoe Quinn sells a memoir, movie about her harassment

I think this is a win for her, so you can borrow some of my optimism. :wink:

7 Likes

That Michael Dorn one was fried gold!

3 Likes

I wonder if this really happens all that much. Any examples? (It’ll all be anecdotal, I know, but I’m just curious.)

As you point out, it really doesn’t matter with GG. If not this target, then another one will surface and they’ll go after someone else. I think seeing the story—and their predictable response—continue to circulate does GG more harm than good.

4 Likes

In my most recent encounter with Gamergaters, it’s quite clear that they have one rule for the people they hate, and one rule for everyone else. I was told it’s OK for Thunderf00t to run a Patreon for his videos and take in a few grand a week, but Anita Sarkeesian is a con artist because she ran a kickstarter and didn’t do the videos as quickly as she planned to.

13 Likes

Oy, don’t summon the beast. I love chemistry and I’ve read some of his research, which is great and interesting, but Christ, what an asshole.

3 Likes

I truly fear for the three hour long video dissecting my posting history all over the internets.

7 Likes

Despite being a chemist, and a physicist, he knows nothing about the social issues that infringes upon the freedom and security of all marginalised group of people.

7 Likes

Yeah, but see, oppressed people don’t matter, because SCIENCE!!! /s

1 Like

One of the most disappointing creatures on Earth. I used to enjoy his videos.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.