Gas price expert to Boebert: "You are not the best at math"

but but but the prices at the pump!

She doesn’t know or care what the crude oil prices are, because she knows at the very least that her voters don’t know or care about these things either. The people who do care about these things aren’t her voters.

2 Likes

It’s meaningless regardless. It’s a Strategic Petroleum Reserve. It’s not a for-profit endeavor.

5 Likes

Both sides keep calling everyone dumb and it has gotten us nowhere.

I said nothing about these folks being genius, that is your exaggeration to dismiss my feelings. What I recommend is we treat them like liars and criminals and leave the name calling out of it.

One side is correct, though. We’re not supposed to state the obvious because…reasons?

It sounds like your primary objection is because we left off the assumed “dangerously” in front of dumb.

Consider the issue corrected: EmptyGreen and Boebert are dangerously dumb.

14 Likes

15 Likes

Sad Outer Space GIF by NASA

It ain’t rocket science.

8 Likes

But I’m sure saying “this is a tired game the deplorables play” wasn’t meant to be dismissive at all, right?

8 Likes

Not meant to be dismissive as much as a comparison. A main deplorable talking point is always how dumb the libtards are and it’s a disappointing argument at the minimum and demonstrates a lot about the person.

So it looks lousy when a deplorable says it and I’m not impressed when my side says it too.

I do appreciate the conversation with you all, I learn and grow here. And thanks BB. Happy holidays all and new year!

There is a meaningful difference between childish name-calling and pointing to specific actions and statements that are so dangerously stupid that they must be called out when made by a sitting congressperson.

10 Likes

I mean, the right has been comparing people to Nazis for years. That doesn’t mean that when the actual Nazis showed up we should have called them something else, because we’d hate to sound like them. They were lying and we weren’t, and it’s important to call that out.

You are trying to make this an argument purely about form and ignoring all the content. It’s not like we’re calling these people stupid as some random insult. We’re saying it because we’re alarmed that it’s true…and asking people to ignore the truth in favor of appearances does no favors to anyone.

12 Likes

… whereas the truth is no one is dumb :open_mouth:

That’s how these arguments work, right?

4 Likes

You’re right, they’re not her voters, they’re her owners.

2 Likes

Apparently, she isn’t smart enough to succeed in the part of the “world” where honesty is required and lauded.

Which is why she chose to run for political office. Every politician is guilty of pandering to their base. Some just do it with more finesse.

I feel pretty sure that, if asked to point to any state on an unannotated map of America, she’d struggle to even find the one that she’s the Representative of. And as for the rest of the world, well…

1 Like

I always get a slight pant of anxiety when this kind of thing is mentioned as a dumb test. I mean I have to face facts and I am pretty dumb in lots of ways I suppose. I also think that most people are pretty smart. They get dressed and go to work and get stuff done. It’s the likes of Musk that are functionally dumb as they assume they understand stuff they don’t. Like privilege makes you dumb. I don’t meet many dumb cleaners or maintenance people. I chat to the Chinese cleaner at work every morning and she’s so fucking smart it’s scary.

I meet really fucking stupid people in positions of authority regularly though.

ETA
My point was that my friend the cleaner probably thinks that. Well I’m not exactly in authority.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.