Gas price expert to Boebert: "You are not the best at math"

Originally published at: Gas price expert to Boebert: "You are not the best at math" | Boing Boing

15 Likes

Numbers - how do they work?

7 Likes

There are multiple dumb blatant lies in Boebert’s statement ( I love the image she implies of drumpy himself sitting at a big desk filled with spreadsheets as he works out complicated algorithms for fuel futures).

But all I can really take away is statements like this is why politicians want an uneducated voting base.

34 Likes

I know she lacks education and doesn’t read, but has she never heard the expression “buy low, sell high”? Probably a rhetorical question.

7 Likes

If Beobert were a musical instrument she would be a Moronica.

36 Likes

That doesn’t work so well when the politicians are themselves uneducated (no matter the expensive schools that they might have attended).

17 Likes

Populist, “Them hexperts can’t teach me nothin’!”
Experts, “That is abundantly clear.”

22 Likes

It isn’t innumeracy, it’s speaking to a constituency that only gets its news from one source and isn’t going to check the truth of anything she says. She can lie all she wants because it whips up the base, gets her attention, and doesn’t come at any cost. So long as there’s no penalty for lying, she’ll keep right on doing it (*).

(*) I say “she”, but Boebert is hardly alone among politicians in this respect.

27 Likes

Boebert isn’t dumb, she is a sales person selling political snake oil to rubes.

3 Likes

Just because she’s conning rubes doesn’t mean she isn’t also an idiot in her own right.

33 Likes

This. She’s obviously pandering to the far-right moron demographic, but she’s also one of those far-right morons herself.

19 Likes

Apparently, she isn’t smart enough to succeed in the part of the “world” where honesty is required and lauded.

5 Likes

Hence the current gig… She’s found a niche (party-wise, at least) where honesty is a liability.

6 Likes

I saw an article about this yesterday, we made about 40 billion dollars and we current have plenty of reserves to handle any emergency so there is no hurry to add more until the prices drop.

3 Likes

Sociopath more likely.

When I think of dumb, I’m envisioning the people that can’t find the continent of Africa on a map or multiply 3x3x3. I don’t get a “she’s dumb” vibe from this post, instead I see her manipulating people and I feel like she needs to be labeled for what she is.

Calling people dumb is a tired game the deplorables play to feel superior.

5 Likes

Luckily this post isn’t all the evidence we have on hand to build a working profile of her…

10 Likes

Ok
*Insert Boebert is dumb gif!

When the correct way to feel superior is of course faulting people who believe a public figure who looks and sounds and acts like an idiot could ever be so.

Boebert, Trump, Musk, it’s all gotta be pentamensional chess all the time. :roll_eyes:

11 Likes

You win internet for today.

3 Likes

That’s not even math…
It’s fucking arithmetic.

Best case sceanrio, she & Empty Gee challenge each other to a duel & they both win.
And lose.
A Shroedinger’s Duel…

5 Likes