Gawker's back

Not for me, not anymore. But if it irritates that thin-skinned fascist Thiel that’s reason enough for it to exist again.

10 Likes

… but we strive to honor the past and embrace the present.

Reminds me of Republicans talking about the Confederacy. The former shows you have no interest in the latter.

2 Likes

Anyone have an rss link? All the ones I find give old gawker.

1 Like

From Space the Lamest Frontier

Conservative New York Times columnist Ross Douthat wrote in his 2020 book The Decadent Society that space travel was one of the possible ways out of what he calls modern “decadence,” its inability to accomplish anything bold or original. It’s looking now like the sad, pointless continuation of decadence masked as something more profound.

It has been argued that decadent societies produce better literature.

2 Likes

Cardinal Douthat’s lack of self-awareness is comical.

4 Likes

But fuck the future?

8 Likes

9 Likes

Funny I signed a petition for Sawant (local political troll). It’s not that I like her, I just know that she pulls discussion to the left and the right burns tons of political capital on her.

And I am on board with her take on this.
I’ve missed Gawker, and not for the celeb crap.
Irreverence seems underrated these days with orthodoxy on all sides of society.

3 Likes

We’re all assholes here now, you in?

15 Likes

Hells yeah!

16 Likes

Intent.

6 Likes

It doesn’t look like there’s any commenting system, and as we all know; commenting is 3/4 of the fun. I predict a quick demise.

5 Likes

What? When did this happen? Why wasn’t I invited? I can change get worse.

10 Likes

You sure about that?

8 Likes

I wouldn’t presume to approach the level of certain well-known users, but there must be a place for ordinary hard-working folk too.

What would be the cutoff score for membership, measured in millitammis?

6 Likes

Three. It’s the magic number.

7 Likes

So close.
:disappointed:

6 Likes

No word yet from Peter.

ha ha ha no

2 Likes

Finnegan was previously editor in chief at The Outline, a very good site, until it was purchased and shut down by Bryan Goldberg. Hilariously, most of her staff from The Outline is now working under her at Bryan Goldberg’s Gawker dot com. Which is weird, but OK.

I trust Finnegan, and look forward to reading whatever hard hitting journalist masterpieces she manages to slip past Goldberg.

I don’t think anybody at all wanted a relaunch of Gawker. But a hastily painted version of The Outline might be the least offensive thing ever to wear the old scarlet g.

3 Likes