Gender-swapped father-daughter Han-Leia costume

A really great dad would go as Sexy Jabba’s Palace Leia. Of course he’d have to encase his daughter in carbonite.

2 Likes

The seething, just below the surface tater tot oppression in this place is palpable. Waffles, curlies, straights, can’t we all just get along?

It’s the fuckin’ sweet potato fries we should be united against. Bleedin’ splitters.

3 Likes

Just keep those sick poutine eating perverts out.

Chips and gravy wi’ batter on’s still OK though, aye?

It’s HAN. Not HANS.

(I have a cat named Han Solo, and it makes me NUTS when the vet writes “Hans” on his chart! :-P)

What is this…I don’t even…

Jesus fucking christ the world can’t die soon enough.

1 Like

Only in 'Merr’ka, where sexuality is something to fear! Why else would there be all these “sexy” Halloween costumes for women?

(I have no idea how “sexy skeleton” is possible. Bloody stupid is what that is.)

Weird, right?

1 Like

Well, I wasn’t wrong. These are all bloody stupid costumes.

2 Likes

Dude could at least shave, as far as the whole “not 100% flattering to Carrie Fisher” thing goes.

Oh hear, the word of the Lord!

Your original classifications not mine buddy.

I’m not even going to mention the glory that is the giant-ass state fair entire potato in a giant spiral!

Eep! You perv! You just had to bring electric toys into the discussion!

1 Like

it does sound a little self-congratulatory but leading by example does take sticking your neck out a little for others to see and follow. It really wasn’t as bad as it could be.

Just the same, I think your point is a good one that I’ve seen played out in my workplace: my coworkers and I were all suitably awww’d by one employee’s iPhone picture of his daughter as mickey mouse (it was admittedly a pretty cute kid picture) without the following sermon on gender norms. Our minds just didn’t go there (because they shouldn’t) without him needing to forcibly take them there. It kind of twisted the intrinsic niceness of sharing your kid’s halloween costume into a bad-faith gesture awaiting our approval of him rather than our appreciation of her.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.