Genderless Nipples account frustrates Instagram

I think it was this dude.

5 Likes

There’s a problem?

10 Likes

Yes, but how do you go about collecting it when the agencies that are best at collecting personal data refuse to do so?
Instagram and Facebook must be required to publish boob pictures in the interests of national security. Because there are known knowns, and known unknowns…

4 Likes

Being totally serious about this for a few seconds, what serious harm could it possibly do to the world if Facebook and Instagram were to take a Germanic attitude to the publishing of human body pictures? And why is it that it’s OK for a baby or a toddler not merely to look at breasts but to suck them, whereas a few years later they mustn’t look in case they are corrupted somehow?

That Judaeo-Christian-Islamic thing about taking Genesis as a serious account of the requirements of a planet-creating deity has led to some seriously fouled up excrement.

15 Likes

It’s more than merely that, though. Some prudish communities are at least consistent in their prudishness, and both male and female nipples must be covered in public. Not so in the US, where in many states it is legal to display male nipples but not female nipples - even though they are both nipples, and both men and women can be sexually stimulated by being touched there.

Speaking of Genesis…why, exactly, did Adam have nipples in the first place?

9 Likes

I think one of those belongs to me?

3 Likes

A woman was once arrested for taking her shirt off in protest after the DMV refused to update her license from male to female.

12 Likes

The U.S has so frequently fetishized breasts that some women actually find the idea of nursing an infant repulsive. And this is obviously the context that policies like Instagram’s occur.

14 Likes

In Ontario, it’s been legal for years for women to be shirtless: A right which has been exercised by … almost no one.

5 Likes

How’d you lose it?

6 Likes

:cold_sweat:

She wound up in jail for 21 days before someone posted a $1000 bond! Lost her job. Cops alleged resisting arrest, and the indecent exposure charge could have put her on a sex-offender registry.

6 Likes

Intelligent design. Sometimes it’s cheaper just to have one production model and selectively enable/disable functions in software.
People ask why Adam had nipples in the pictures, they ask why he needed an umbilicus, but few of them ask why women have unused scrotal sacs.

15 Likes

Well, I do ask why Adam had a penis at a time when the only other “help mates” for him were animals…

12 Likes

Steven J. Gould explained this in his article: Male nipples and clitoral ripples. Essentially each feature objectively unnecessary in one sex is a result of the necessity in the other sex. Both originating from the same embrionic pathways expressed by hormones particular to each sex.

6 Likes

We can also go topless in Missouri, though most people are unaware of that fact.

4 Likes

You are quoting the Devil’s Godless Evolution, not Our Lord’s Sacred Genesis!!!1!!!11 Of course shared genes and evolution explain male nipples! But evolution is a lie!!!

/s

7 Likes

I’ve always found it a bit odd that these US internet companies simply impose US social standards across the board. I guess it would probably be a logistical nightmare to have differentiated standards for different places. Still though. There are a ton of places that really don’t care much about nipples whether male or female, much of the US included.

New York is also down with this.

2 Likes

not me - i’ll latch on to something like that and not let go

4 Likes

Nipples look weird without context. I demand context nipples.

8 Likes