General Gaming Chit-Chat and Tea-Time

Yes, absolutely…I had that for years but it was too much hassle to get it to work on modern PCs, so I jumped on the new edition.

Then I locked myself repeatedly for letting so many years go past where I hadn’t played it :tired_face:

I may have to get this, too.

And I’ll probably have to investigate that Mac/Xbox controller thing upthread.

3 Likes

I’ve been severely tempted to get The Long Dark particularly since I’ve gotten stuck in The Witness and would like a bit of plot and characterization to go with my game playing. :laughing:

Instead I’m starting up Dragon Age: Origins again. :frowning:

1 Like

Wait untIL the real game comes out in April. He currently version is just the alpha release. I love it but there’s no story just survival. But watch the trailer for the April release. Looks so good!!!

1 Like

That does look interesting, and seems like it is going to have a great soundtrack. Also is it kind of along the line of any sufficiently advanced technology looks like magic? Because that’s the vibe I’m getting.

1 Like

Doesn’t this sound like fun?

Although, as a non-boardgamer, shouldn’t I hope it shows up on Tabletop or somewhere similar where I can watch someone who knows what they’re doing play it?

1 Like

Well, this is a load of shit.

4 Likes

I agree this is typical online harassment bullshit, too bad Nintendo wasn’t willing to take the heat for someone who pretty clearly did nothing wrong. Message sent: cause enough kerfluffle with an employer and you can get anyone fired for basically no reason. That’s a dangerous precedent to set.

and one indie developer even says he cancelled a game planned for Wii U.

… this made me laugh, though.

1 Like

I think an argument could be made that Nintendo is at fault for allowing a hostile audience to become a hostile work environment.

It’s sexual harassment, all the way down.

3 Likes

Jeez she didn’t even work on the games themselves… wtf… this will not end well.

1 Like

It is a Japanese company, though, and “Japan [has] some of the worst systemic gender inequality in the world”

Sooooo good luck with all that.

Nintendo of America, inc. you dork.

American subsidiaries of Japanese conglomerates are not immune to the American justice system. Ask Toyota.

2 Likes

They are not immune to the culture of the parent org, is the point.

Also!

https://twitter.com/beschizza/status/715414953675661312

I have been absent from most of my usual social networks for the last week because I discovered the ‘Fallen London’ browser story game last week and abruptly became completely obsessed with it.

It’s set in Fallen London in the 1890s with a mildly dark and gothic sense of humor, viz the basic premise: “The monarch of the city, Her Enduring Majesty the Traitor Empress, sold the city to the bazaar to spare the life of her husband Albert, Prince Consort in 1861. The entire city was then taken a mile beneath the surface by a swarm of bats, where it has remained for thirty years.” It’s not in Hell, but near enough for Hell to have an embassy, a train route and a thriving trade. I’ve been enjoying it a lot so far.

I am cliftonr in-game. If you’re interested or in the game, let me know your name and I will be happy to invite you to a nice cup of coffee at Caligula’s, or a pleasant game of chess.

6 Likes

I have given up on trying to play Fallout 4 after upgrading my monitor and graphics card, I can only play for a few minutes before I get headaches and nausea. I don’t have this problem on any other games and didn’t have it with the less powerful card. Changing to lower settings didn’t do a thing.

Anyone have any ideas what’s going on? My current card is an NVidia GTX 980, the older one was a GTX 750Ti.

For me such headaches are usually a function involving fov and monitor size/distance. I can’t give you more detail than that, as I generally attempt adjustments, play in a window, or just go do laundry or something. (with varying success, the latter option having a 100% success rate)

1 Like

is it related to head bob / gun wobble? I’ve a friend who has to turn those off those settings to prevent motion sickness.

3 Likes

Has anyone else here fiddled with this http://slither.io/ ?

1 Like

Just started messing with World of Warships. Floaty boomy fun. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks cool—did you see Sunless Sea, from the same guys?