General Moderation Topic

I’m not sure this is the right place, but is this where one can report scamy ads?

?

https://getvoltbox.com/article4/en?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIs-bAyPWQ8QIVwZkbCh0pLQUeEAEYASAAEgKBO_D_BwE

This thing is pure BS.

2 Likes

Not only is there no scientific basis for this thing whatsoever, they are marketing it with region specific language, and changing the “author” name to something familiar in each language.

b

2 Likes

Bad Ad Experience - Freestar is in the footer of every page on the website. The BBS is going to get you a far slower response.

8 Likes

User incomprehensible has been banned for using their brief time with us for only two purposes: lobbing insults at those they appear to believe are “beneath them,” followed by direct attacks on other users.

16 Likes

Keanu Reeves Thumbs Up GIF by Lionsgate

12 Likes

And with that, peace was restored to the realm of the BBS.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Q&A on Non-Moderation Matters (Mechanics, How-To, etc.)

User puppyboy16 has been ejected for going from “spirited defence of their beliefs” to “general rudeness towards disagreeing mutants” to outright passive-aggressive trolling in only 8 days here on the BBS.

18 Likes

19 Likes

that’s the kind of character arc i see in real life a lot that would be considered “unrealistic” in a movie: from flat to flatter to perfectly planar.

15 Likes

… and on his own topic, too. Talk about supplying their own rope.

7 Likes

(Sorry, I just couldn’t resist.)

IIRC, he started out in the ‘Can’t Trust Cops’ thread, and his comments were off topic yet benign enough at that point to merit a split to their own thread.

And then once people kept engaging him there, the member in question proceeded to use said ‘rope…’

13 Likes

Damn! Just when I was getting over having been accused a few weeks ago of being pedantic by… hmm… who could that be? :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

I wonder if that’s a record… we should have a badge for that or something… the showing your ass the door badge or some such?

9 Likes

Joke appreciated, but please don’t gamify trolling. This thread is plenty of attention as it is.

7 Likes

We have no intention of creating badges of honour for bad actors.

18 Likes

User RawDawg, presumably neither “Raw”, nor of the canine persuasion, did turn out to in fact be of the under-bridge-dwelling persuasion, and has thusly been evicted from said guardianship of infrastructure.

Enjoy your weekend!

20 Likes

14 Likes

On the internet, no one knows you’re underdone.

20 Likes

Relative newcomer JQP_123456 decided to derail a total of four separate topics deriding Cancel culture and leading to offtopic explanations of what consequence culture -actually_ is.

Having a discussion once or twice isn’t a big deal. Still, these weren’t “discussions” - posting one derailing comment, causing an offtopic derail, then never responding again, only to do the exact same thing to other topics adds nothing to the conversation here. As a result, this user has been asked not to return.

19 Likes