General Moderation Topic

Wow, that’s a great read. Thanks for sharing!

13 Likes

To tell us we’re all cowards! COWARDS!!!

7 Likes

Why am I thinking about goats, I wonder? Must have something to do with some of that intercourses mentioned, which I thankfully missed.

7 Likes

Goats GIF

22 Likes

User Bernel has been banned.

While their opinions often differed from the majority here (which itself is not an issue), this user had a tendency to target the users behind responses to them both generally and specifically. While their prior timeout was instead for opinions in violation of our guidelines, there has been a repeated undercurrent of this combative behaviour towards the community in many of their other responses, and upon return to the community from their last timeout this week, they immediately went back to this same disruptive behaviour.

My thanks to the community members who collated the details of this pattern of behaviour to support this decision. Those members of the community who flag, don’t engage with malcontents, and take the time to provide details like these are why the BBS works, and I thank all of you for helping keep this place civil and safe for happy mutants everywhere.

35 Likes

And on cake day too.

14 Likes

Aw. Well, people like surprises on their cake day, right?

21 Likes

Convenient.

18 Likes

It does keep the bookkeeping simple.

14 Likes

Hey, speak for yourself, I’m no coward! I’m a fake

6 Likes

Video Stalking GIF by Jenny Lorenzo

14 Likes

Yes. Put down the spoon. Blink twice if you see this, but remember, they’re watching.

13 Likes

Sometimes someone has something to say and they want to say it so bad that they just won’t listen to others…

2 Likes

There is no spoon.

14 Likes

ezgif.com-add-text (2)

13 Likes

office space i would set the place on fire too if i didnt get my cake GIF by Maudit

17 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Q&A on Non-Moderation Matters (Mechanics, How-To, etc.)

Karyudo has been given a timeout for:

• having a post flagged by the community and removed
  • posting a comment to “be careful” because the community may flag inappropriate posts, and they may be removed (which itself is flagged by the community and subsequently removed)
  • posting a screenshot of the notification for the second flagged post, as if this will somehow… bring the plight of his inappropriate first comment to light somehow? Not sure.
18 Likes

It always surprises me how many people seem to think the community generally disagrees with mod decisions. Like, we are all going to be outraged a post was removed?

No Way Reaction GIF

26 Likes

It’s all a big conspiracy! If only the public knew what was going on behind the scenes. /s

7 Likes