General Sportsball thread

6 Likes

SMH They should start playing baseball!

3 Likes

What a bunch of BS! I was thrilled to see some Bangladeshi boys playing cricket in a park in the town I lived in in Italy. Otherwise, it was just football or basketball. Volleyball was popular, but only on the beach.

5 Likes

Follow up:

Some celebrations are more meaningful that others.

5 Likes

Apparently the usual suspects: the English fascist and fascist adjacent press that backed Brexit done are outraged.

You and me both Lee. I’ve never sung a national anthem at an international match either. There’s an article around there linking to the front and other page stories on it but I wouldn’t bother and there’s also lots of Twitter links. The English manager is an English ex player who played for Ireland.

England should beat Ireland handily. Last time out it was a draw that was overshadowed by the fact that actually nobody was all that bothered and it was just a football match. Time before was a bunch of English literal fascists (like Hitler loving) had a riot when England fell behind which completely took the police by surprise (innocent times!). England are in a different league now so it won’t be competitive.

3 Likes
2 Likes

To be fair it was fairly competitive just Oz had no scrum which let the match drift away. The worrying part is the last two tries they’d lost their heads like they did against Wales in the World Cup.

Fun to see Dr Phil and the Joe Show face up.

2 Likes
6 Likes
5 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes
4 Likes
3 Likes

UEFA (and FIFA) nonsense

Defence? missing in action

1 Like

He has a good reputation, although MK aren’t doing well this season. He set up Gateshead for Rob Elliot (who turned down the Carlisle job) to build on.

2 Likes