General Winter Holiday Thread!

Season 2 Ugh GIF

4 Likes

…and then there’s Up Helly Aa up in the Shetland Islands

6 Likes

6 Likes

For 3 decades it wasn’t Christmas until Darlene Love sang Christmas (Baby Please Come Home) on Letterman.

She did not disappoint for the final performance.

5 Likes
4 Likes

5 Likes

Win a rap battle with a horse skull and their mates, or risk losing all your booze and mosta yr noms!

ETA this eclectic collection (say that fast five times after lotsa liberally brandy-fortified eggnog!):

That album is excellent. I very much enjoy every track. No one has ever complained when I put it on, almost a novelty among Xmas albums.

Please also audite the LP A Christmas Gift for You From phil spector (1963). The jerk was a manipulative, sadistic {altho johnny ramone had it coming} flaming asshole, but this is a chef’s kiss compilation. Bonus: The remastered version has none of the muddiness and odd drum sound so loathed by those who can’t tolerate spector’s Wall of Sound production. The WoS was developed to sound great - sharp and bright AF but still warm - on the then-ubiquitous crap, tinny little transistor radios and crap car radios that made everything so treble-y. The old WoS 45s and LPs sound/ed shite when played on good equipment & thru good speakers, but fantastic on an old & almost toy record player. The way it’s been remastered provides a way cleaner, clearer, sharper & brighter sound, dumping much of the murk w/o sacrificing the warmth, the familiar cosiness.
The Ronettes’ Froawsty the Snowmin is a standout; its nasal charm firmly places it alongside other carols for the aeons.

I suggest audiophile formats (FLAC, etc) for the album in digital form.

Th’ above vids and lotsa other stuff lives in my Crimble playlist. :smiley:

5 Likes

5 Likes

02a90094-ac8a-4df5-9691-f94a27ff3ee6_text

5 Likes

Behold. our gingerbread house

7 Likes

Merry Christmas GIF by NBC

12 Likes

That is probably tomorrow seeing as how I started getting asked “when can we eat the gingerbread house” about 5 minutes after completion.

6 Likes

It’s gawjus! Christmas candy corms, even! Who’d a-thunk it! Magnificent!!!

4 Likes

rumpletweezer

9 Likes

Ha, just like market forces!

5 Likes

Well, it is the Christmas Special:

2 Likes

catchymemes

For those of you fortunate enough to not get this joke, it’s a reference to the interminable deluge of wretched, supposedly romantic hallmark channel movies.

9 Likes

I kind of wish the kid had said “god” instead of “Jesus,” but otherwise

Perfect Cat GIF by Amanda

8 Likes

We love driving around looking at Christmas lights.

We were bored last night so we drove to the big city, Detroit, to look at Christmas lights but we forgot about the extra 65,000 football fans wandering around before the Lions gane.

There was also a pro Palestine protest in front of a building owned by a man that talks poorly of Palestine.

We’ve been to a lot of events in Downtown Detroit but the amount of cops present last night was more than we have ever seen. We saw cops climbing on monuments. Something put them on alert.

Pretty lights nonetheless.

We also drove through rich people land, Grosse Point.

11 Likes

Yeah, summa the Richie Riches in the Pointes go all out w/the lights XD Great pics!

2 Likes