General Winter Holiday Thread!

To be fair, I didn’t see more than one officer in your photos, not even in the obviously very crowded city center scenes, except the one at the demonstration.

What struck me was all the lovely decorations and lights, and so many people ice skating together.

It is the season of light(s), and your photos showed that.

5 Likes

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree :musical_note:

6 Likes

6 Likes

my little pony rimshot GIF

8 Likes

Tishman Speyer, the owner and operator of Rockefeller Center, generously donates that lumber to Habitat. Company staff members then build alongside a family, turning a Christmas tradition celebrated by millions into a place for smaller, but no less joyous, celebrations.

6 Likes

A 2 hour video that takes a walk thru Strasbourg, France’s Christmas market.

6 Likes

Thanks! I’ll probably put it on when my sister visits on Friday.

I will probably be playing this album while it is on in the background:

4 Likes

La Cucaracha by Lalo Alcaraz, Dec 5-7, 2023

4 Likes

This is awesone, the world is right again and now it’s Christmas. Paul Shaffer can still tickle the ivories and Darlene Love looks and sound amazing at 84.

And this is equally awesomw, Cher and Darlene Love singing the song together 60 years later. Cher sang back up on the original in 1963.

2 Likes

Happy Gravy Day to all who celebrate.

3 Likes

from

11 Likes

Grianstad Shona everyone! Happy solstice, things are going to get brighter from now I can feel it, I believe it!

I didn’t listen to this last night but I might tonight

10 Likes

3 Likes

Well AksHuaLLy thr evenings have been getting brighter for a week now and mornings are still getting darker :slight_smile:

Grianstad - sun stop. Makes sense.

5 Likes

Yeah, the mornings don’t stop getting later until new year. I’ve moved from starting work at my normal 8:30 to starting at 9 this winter and it’s changed my perspective on the daylight saving time thing a bit - I simply never saw any benefit as I was up in the dark, home in the dark. Been a nice change this winter to be leaving the house when the streetlights are off.

6 Likes

Winter Solstice Summer GIF by DP Animation Maker

5 Likes

Happy Solstice!

Sunrise 34.738228N, 86.601791W

9 Likes

Happy Solstice!

Sun bless us, everyone!

10 Likes

1500+ drones perform The Nutcracker.

4 Likes

Ok, the solstice starts in a few hours. Guess I should start checking out recent entries in the Winter Holiday Thread…

crazy cats cat GIF

[hours later]

Oh, my eyes! Welp, it’s the longest night of the year. I can get through this…

Mad The Internet GIF by MOODMAN

6 Likes