Vintage Behrendt Gold Blown Glass Christmas Tree Topper

Patricia Breen Majestic Finial Black Silver Christmas Tree Topper Jeweled

red finial tabletop

Santa Land Frosted Evergreen Finial Green Christmas Snow Tree Topper

red and gold finial tabletop

Blue Organic Luster Swirl Egyptian Glass Christmas Tree Topper

2012 Patricia Breen Majestic Finial Red Christmas Holiday Tree Topper Jewels

11 Likes

Those are all excellent and beautiful. I can see why people like them, they appeal to me.

But we’ll stick with the one we currently have, it’s more… us.

12 Likes

I love yours! tophat-biggrin My BF would also approve; he’s a big Trek fan.

All those Patricia Breen numbers are well over $200. tophat-eek tophat-wow

I grabbed the ladder (its legs are green, anyway), stuck it in the living room near the bay windows, draped it w/a string of white LED lights with faceted “strawberry” covers, managed to put up the little pressed tin angel, then put some of our figurines on it. I’ll post a pic if my honey’s phone email ever sends it. tophat-shrug

13 Likes

That sounds charming as hell, actually. Good for you for finding ways to make the home festive.

And yikes… $200 is a lot. Not sure I’d buy one for that price, I’d be freaked out the cats would knock the tree over and it would die the death of shatterings. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

First time at Midnight Mass since 2019.

St Francis D’Assisi in Detroit. 120 year old church that started out Polish and has evolved into a Polish and Mexican parish, mostly Mexican now.

I’ve been going here my entire life, it was walking distance from my grandma’s house. Lots of memories.

Christmas carols before mass are sung in Polish, Spanish, and English.

Mass is in Spanish and English unlike my childhood days when it was Polish and English.

Midnight Mass starts out with church completely dark with a knock at the door. Guess who it is.

And then the republicans yell go away, we don’t want no poor immigrants in our country.

Just kidding, come on in guys and go have your baby in the manger.

And then the once a year lights all come on.

Very nice time other than not getting home until 3:30am.

10 Likes

Wonderful, thank you. Wish I had something to offer in return. Happy holly daze to you and yours!!

4 Likes

I have not been to a midnight mass in years… I should go with my aunt one of these years…

7 Likes

My father had them. They’re not sturdy enough to crack nuts. Whoever is selling them for that purpose is some sort of idiot.

4 Likes

Gavle goat survives threat of fire only to be consumed by birds. I’m not sure what prometheus would make of this.

8 Likes

I wouldn’t spend that on a tree topper even were I obscenely rich.

Were I rich, I’d consider paying more than $30-$35 (that’s what ours cost), but only for one exactly like our now-retired 1970s one. It looked like these:

Our old one has those feathery glittered paint strokes as on th’ ones above, but they alternate with trees as on the one below:

This one is also the same shade of green as ours.

8 Likes

Happy Life Day?

3 Likes

Here’s the top of our Christmas “tree” as threatened above:

The 70s thin pressed tin angel is silver, bright gold, and psychedelic pink and blue. She dances whenever the heat comes on, turning this way and that. She did that on our actual tree two yrs ago, and I hated to put her away. Instead I put her up on the wire baker’s rack in the kitchen, where she dances whenever the heat comes on, turning this way and that :smiley:

The Anubis statue was a gift from our IRL pal Keith.

The weeping angel from Doctor Who is my BF’s.

The Godzilla-esque chap on the L came directly from Japan, where a friend bought it for my BF. He wondered if it came from a movie or tv show, and Little Audrey said there was no info with it where she bought it. Lo and behold, the first Ultra Man episode either of us had watched since the 70s - on yout00b - featured the very same beastie as the villain! tophat-rofl

ETA:
You can tell we’ve got a green porch light bulb if you look at the window, next to Anubis :smiley: It’s staying on all day b/c Christmas. :smiley:

9 Likes

Our tree topper

Is “yo dawg” still relevant?

yo dawg GIF

10 Likes

And now I’m thinking of liver and onions.

4 Likes
5 Likes

Oof, asking people to air grievances, at an airport, during the holiday season? They’re really looking for trouble!
:joy:

8 Likes

It’s adorable!

5 Likes

from

Some wonderful human gifified it… :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

ANNNNDDDD…

from

13 Likes

10 Likes

Merry Christmas from the asphalt company

10 Likes