General Winter Holiday Thread!

My kids were thinking something was missing before bed and we I normally read them Christmas stories for them to go to sleep. That they are now both teenagers shouldn’t end a tradition like that and I had got Christmas ghost stories from the library in the past. I didn’t this year so I read them this instead:

May your celebrations be merry or peaceful as you prefer, may those dear to you be near to you, mediated or in person. And of course those old aquaintances who should be forgot, may they never be brought to mind. Only pleasant thoughts and people. Watch movies read books play games eat food love your loved ones if possible.

7 Likes

Also, this film historian argues that it is a Christmas movie…

5 Likes

5 Likes

2 Likes

Our daughter and husband came over early because I wanted to be the first stop before she gathered up germs from her other visits.

As she was leaving she said you know, you didn’t find all the ducks, there was one more.

Son of a b, that little snot hid one more while they were visiting.

She forgets I have keys to their place but they both work from home. I’ll get them though.

Next stop midnight mass in Detroit.

11 Likes

Oh, and let’s not forget the rolling drum out takes…

Note the voice actor for Ma on set… it was not the woman who eventually did the voice (via overdubs), but you’ll recognize who it is instantly (if you grew up with Muppets/Sesame Street)!

4 Likes

A Christmas valentine to MST3K from a conservative rag.

4 Likes

Traditional shortbread!

I only made half the recipe.

Mam’s All Butter Short Bread

Ingredients

• 4 cups flour (I use Monarch Cake Pastry)
  • 3 tbsp corn starch
  • 1 lb butter, salted.
  • 1 cup sugar

Preparation

Mix butter and sugar together until creamy. If you have not had butter at room temp. at least 2 hrs, put in large bowl. Sit bowl in sink of warm water to soften. Sift flour & corn starch together, mix into creamed butter & sugar. Wash hands & knead together into soft dough. Put on buttered tray, knead, push to fill tray, level out with knife, smoothing cracks. Prick all over with fork. Sprinkle all over with sugar.

Cooking

• Oven 275F - 35 minutes.
  • If you think it’s not baked enough, it’s okay to put back in oven.
  • Cut into fingers while hot.
  • Sample a few to make sure that it turned out alright.
13 Likes

It’s Frank Oz!

5 Likes

So, I needed context for this Sinatra and Die Hard thing, and here it is for those who also may not be in the know:

6 Likes

From CakeWrecks (Sunday Sweets):

For those who don’t know, real fruitcake is soaked in booze, hence the tipsy Santa.

17 Likes
8 Likes
8 Likes

From the photos, if you search for both it’s an either/or, they were sold as a nut cracker afaik…

4 Likes

And afterwards, the high commands on all sides made damn sure nothing like that sort of thing could happen again, ever.

baldrick-go-home|nullxnull

6 Likes

It’s for Claw-Plach, obviously.

3 Likes
5 Likes
6 Likes
3 Likes

These are my lobster crackers:

I dunno…

6 Likes