Gentleman accused of hiding manbun under MAGA cap, also arrested for spraying crowd with bear repellent

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/21/gentleman-accused-of-hiding-ma.html

3 Likes

[Dempsey] was seen in witness video arguing with protestors opposed to President Drumpf when he began spraying the crowd with a large canister of pepper spray intended for deterring bear attacks.

As always, fine people on both sides.

36 Likes

Well, to be fair, how many people were attacked by bears that day? Zero? I guess someone owes this gentleman an apology.

53 Likes

Beer repellent? What’s that? Oh, bear repellant, I misread.

Why did the guy have it? Is it a bear neighbourhood?

3 Likes

He should have ditched the bear spray and been smoking some of what’s printed on his shirt.

2 Likes

Make America Grizzly Again!

19 Likes

Based on him being a convicted felon who legally can’t possess any pepper spray, the pepper spray being larger than >2.5 oz (the legal limit in California), however they break down the charges of him attacking the crowd, and this all being a violation of his parole, I’m guessing he gets at least two years in prison, but maybe a California lawyer can offer a better estimate?

12 Likes

“It was these f—ing libtards over here, man,” the California man, in a short-sleeve button-down shirt with a marijuana-leaf print, told police in video captured at the protest. “These commies — I didn’t do anything.”

16 Likes

A history of burglary, conspiracy and larceny.

I would expect a pardon from El Cheeto and then maybe a posting as the ambassador to the Ukraine?

19 Likes

I wonder if being a convicted felon kept him from owning a gun…just imaging if that bear spray was a gun.

4 Likes

Most likely, yes, at least through legal channels.

There isn’t an equivalent of a NICS check for bear repellent.

4 Likes

The return of “Commies!” as an unironic epithet is fascinating. Like, they really do want to be back in the 50’s.

12 Likes

So he’s more an “Okie from Muskogee” than a “Hippie from Olema”?

2 Likes

there were actual communists there, he wasn’t making that part up

7 Likes

Is hiding a manbun under a MAGA cap something to be accused of, these days?

hqdefault

7 Likes

12 Likes

Certainly having a manbun should involve public ridicule, having small children point and laugh, etc; being an arrestable offence may possibly be going too far, I’m not sure.

4 Likes

“As a convicted felon“

How much time is he looking at as a repeat bun offender?

10 Likes

That looks like Chuck in Planet of the Apes rather than The Omega Man.

2 Likes