Gentleman didn't want to pay baggage fee so he made a bomb threat that shut down Florida airport, say police

Originally published at: Gentleman didn't want to pay baggage fee so he made a bomb threat that shut down Florida airport, say police | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Holy Baggage Claims, Batman…

9 Likes

Sometimes I think the police purposefully mess up folks’ hair in booking photos just for a laugh.

9 Likes

As much as I pity the undoubtedly fine people of Broward County, I’m glad they managed to contain this gentleman’s flailing jackassery before he brought it to my fine city. We’ve got plenty of flailing jackasses as it is.

7 Likes

The dropped charges in the previous case must have felt like a refreshing breath of fresh privilege.

7 Likes

So … Florida Man.

5 Likes

At least if and when he flies again, this airline doesn’t impose any baggage fees, although their in-flight service can be a bit rough and surly. Their layover point is very spartan in their offerings. (Not recommended.)

4 Likes

True. Nick Norte and James Brown are among the most memorable for zany mugshot hair.

1 Like

Is Canada allowing people from Florida into their country? I thought they were being more careful about COVID-19.

3 Likes

5 Likes

When you turn one inconvenience into a felony.

3 Likes

Discretionary travel by USAians is still prohibited, through at least July 21. Canadians who are permanent residents of the US who are traveling for work or to see family can cross, but still not for tourism. I don’t think any of that applies to this guy.

5 Likes

Laugh all you want, but at the end of the day, he didn’t end up having to pay that baggage fee, now, did he?

4 Likes

Welp, sure didn’t have to wait long to use this one again:

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.