Gentleman fights trolley

Originally published at: Gentleman fights trolley | Boing Boing

4 Likes

Having a dangerous idiot on the tracks certainly adds an interesting twist to the Tr0lley Problem.

[mods: maybe make an exception for the t-word above]

38 Likes

I fought the tram and the tram won

11 Likes

At a railroad crossing
here’s how to figure:
In case of a tie,
the train is bigger.

28 Likes

Aw great, not it’s going to be late to the Neighborhood of Make Believe.

11 Likes

he was apparently angry about not being allowed on the tram with his bike, so was riding in the grass to force the tram to stop. Funny enough, after two seconds of watching the video I was like “this must be France”

14 Likes

Yup, I definitely should never be a trolley conductor.

4 Likes

With a collapsible bike like that, he could have just gotten on the trolley.

1 Like

Mr. Prosser: Have you any idea of how much damage this trolley would suffer if I just let it roll straight over you?

10 Likes

Mr. Prosser shuddered as Disturbingly attractive images of burning villages and men on horses weraring tiny hats galloped through his head.

7 Likes

In Belgium, where we also have trams, bring your bike on no problem, just pay for yourself. Also looks like maybe a folding bike, better still, tho not necessary.

4 Likes

yeah, normally in France (at least where I have lived) you can bring your bike on. But there can be limits on the number of bikes per car, or if it’s crowded, or if you run up to the tram just as it’s leaving and the driver doesn’t wait to let you on, or…

2 Likes

@gracchus Maybe it’s just you? :wink:

ETA Seems it’s me too - this post had to await moderation approval, when I left the actual tr011ey quotes in the above. No idea how those three got away with it - maybe they got moderator approval.

3 Likes

Yeah, it was held for moderation for about 30 min.

4 Likes

Well, I think I was waiting as long but gave up and deleted and re-wrote it. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

Of course, if I ever feel like calling someone the creature who lives under bridges in folk tales, I’ll just call them a tram or streetcar instead. :wink:

6 Likes

Stop being such a Billy Goat Gruff victim. :wink:

5 Likes

After seeing the Covidiots and anti-maskers, I’m fully prepared to believe that a certain portion of the population will volunteer to stand in front of the trolley to prove that there’s no trolley, and if there is, then trolleys don’t kill people, and if they do, then people killed by the trolley deserved to be killed.

3 Likes

In Munich bikes are forbidden after emergency braking would turn them into projectiles. Too many minor accidents. Bicycles are only allowed on the underground and the S Bahn, not on buses and trams.

EDIT: the video they show on trams, buses and subways is here:

3 Likes

I’ve been on trams that did emergency braking. I can definitely see projectiles happening.

3 Likes