Gentleman in U-Truck creates havoc in underground parking garage

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/07/02/gentleman-in-u-truck-creates-h.html

2 Likes

He built an underground car wash, all by his little self.

21 Likes

In before 600 comments explaining how redesigning the parking lot could prevent this from happening, and how it’s really all the fault of the building’s owners.

36 Likes

The way to stop a bad guy with a U-Haul is a good guy with a U-Haul.

23 Likes

Are we going to get a new series on the accidents in the 7’ 8" Parking Garage?

23 Likes

Why don’t they just lower the floors?

33 Likes
12 Likes

My sweetie showed me this video as I walked out the door to borrow a U-haul truck for moving this morning. Perhaps she didn’t want to see me on Reddit’s idiotsincars.

14 Likes

"Oh, my god! Oh, my god! You are a gentleman! You are a gentleman! "

3 Likes

He was just adding the all popular water curtain everyone (um…me) is always posting about.

9 Likes

Speaking of Reddit, I notice that Reddit posters are getting ticked off at the scavengers who harvest their text posts from forums and read them as monitized YouYube videos. They’re starting to toss DMCA takedowns.

6 Likes

“Yeah, man, I went up in the place and made it rain.”

“That’s not how it works. That’s now how any of this works.”

4 Likes

I get it. It’s funny, and I clicked on the video to be entertained. But I want to know the ground rules when shaking my fist at the sky. Are we OK with surveillance when a majority of us agree that any potential negative impacts of its usage are outweighed by entertainment value? Seems like every BB post lamenting the rise of “cameras everywhere” is counterbalanced by footage like this of incompetence or illegal acts caught on video.

2 Likes

You’re confounding personal recording devices for safety and litigation purposes with data-collecting mass surveillance devices operated by governments and corporations. One is not the other.

9 Likes

I understand the distinction, but there are countless stories detailing how the makers of said personal devices provide data to law enforcement without public disclosure or unsecured platforms that leak data all over the place. To me, the line between the two types of recording device is blurry at best.

2 Likes

Next up: he drives over to the 11 foot 8 bridge.

5 Likes

Hell, you can rent BULLDOZERS with just a credit card, sight unseen. And they’ll even deliver them for you!

1 Like

A guy did the same thing in a parking ramp at the Mall of America a few years back. He knocked a concrete beam off a support pillar. The beam landed on the cab of the truck and killed him

When I have rented trucks like that there has been no insurance for overhead damage, because it is impossible to cover.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.