U-Haul truck bullies a low clearance pipe but fails in the most amusing way

Originally published at: U-Haul truck bullies a low clearance pipe but fails in the most amusing way | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Brings to mind that fake definition of insanity, doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. The driver just refuses to evaluate the situation.

However, I do recall doing something of a lesser nature once, getting wedged against a pillar as I navigated a company van out the exit of a parking garage that made the turn too tight for longer vehicles, the exterior side door hinge latched past the corner of the pillar so I could not back up. What I should have done was call for a tow truck with a wheel dolly to maneuver the van to wedge the hinge. But that would have possibly taken hours and I was on the clock. Instead drove forward - and it worked, but not without some scraping. The urge to move forward with your schedule can warp your clear thinking.

21 Likes

I don’t think it was the truck making the decisions here.

24 Likes

That’s exactly what I was going to say! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

HeavyWarlikeArabianhorse-max-1mb

23 Likes

Close enough:

21 Likes

It seems they got fixated on the issue of “Can’t go back out an entrance, I might break the toll gate”

Or was there those tire stabber bits there to keep you from going out that way?

4 Likes

I’d like to think that these are criminals who have stolen the truck, and therefore the, “I don’t know, just ram it harder.” process is at least rational.

7 Likes

Video link for the BBS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hhk7m1SSmRs

5 Likes

While watching, I could think only of this:

Stay the course!

17 Likes

Notice how the water that comes out of the sprinkler system at first is black. That stuff has been stagnant in those pipes for years and is NASTY.

34 Likes

“LiveLeak”. Heh.

Ahh I had mistaken it for a sewer pipe.

I was astonished how long it took before they finally got the passenger out to look at things – who promptly got back inside before clearing things up!

15 Likes

Those aren’t any old sprinkler pipes.
It’s a free truck wash!

13 Likes

Also there’s a level of cluelessness here that defies description.

14 Likes

Pretty sure this is the exact truck I’ll get next time I rent a U-Haul, active mold and all. :thinking:

18 Likes

I think it may be just that the truck was that dirty, water wiped away the grime

7 Likes

Keep them fancy machines hummin’

7 Likes

Is that sprinkler system piped up with … gravy?

7 Likes

It might have been a sprinkler pipe, and the gunk was dirt flushed off of the truck roof.

13 Likes

a low-hanging bar, which later appears to be a sewage pipe…

it does appear that way, don’t it? but it’s a (fire) sprinkler system; renown for filling up with rusty filth, (oddly enough). Why didn’t the guy look upwards even once when he got out to figure well.whutappened?

15 Likes