Enraged gentleman drives his pickup through Walmart, causing $500,000 in damage

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/06/29/enraged-gentleman-drives-his-p.html

5 Likes

I’m glad no one was hurt and I hope he gets the help he needs.

12 Likes

Where are the bollards near the front door to prevent such intrusion?

7 Likes

Can I get a ruling on the BoingBoing stylebook: this is a gentleman, but the fellow who vaped and hung out on an LA street sign was merely a “man”; is there a workable principle to define one as one but not the other. They strike me both as gentlemen, but perhaps I’m not privy to the distinctions.

14 Likes

This kind of thing is surprisingly rare in the US. They may not have seen a need before now.

11 Likes

IKR I’ve never been to a Walmart but, the Costco here has lots of 6 inch bollards and Target has big red balls.

11 Likes

11 Likes

trumpettes being trumpettes.

1 Like

Haven’t checked out the front of a Wal-mart or Costco recently, but the Target near me only has two or three big red balls ™, enough to stop or deflect some errant tractor trailers probably but definitely easy enough to drive between if you are trying to cause damage purposefully.

6 Likes

14 Likes

18 Likes

We can solve the problem by adding more guns. A well placed AP round in the truck’s engine will stop it, so the plan is to equip store security with recoil-less rifles and anti-tank ammunition.

10 Likes

That’s a really nice truck for a 19 year old…

I am guessing he was on something, because even at 19 that is a hell of a big wrong decision to make sober.

5 Likes

I believe that calling him a gentleman falls under the sarcasm chapter of the stylebook.

18 Likes

Like when Batman drives his Bat-super-motorcycle through a shopping mall. But for different reasons:

1 Like

Inflammation?

3 Likes
22 Likes

I hate Wally World, but this is a little over the top.

6 Likes

“A gentleman is someone who, when he drives his truck through a Walmart, uses his bumper to hold the door open for the women and children as they flee in terror.”
-Oscar Wilde, on an off day

26 Likes

I am pleased to see he had the foresight to add those “Bull Bars” to the front of his truck to prevent any additional damage. To his truck.

5 Likes