Gentleman mad at girlfriend breaks into Dallas Museum of Art and destroys ancient art worth $5 million

Originally published at: Gentleman mad at girlfriend breaks into Dallas Museum of Art and destroys ancient art worth $5 million | Boing Boing

5 Likes
11 Likes

Tell me again why we can’t have nice things? Right, because assholes get mad about shit…

26 Likes

too overcome with ennui, is there some connection between the girlfriend and the museum, or was he just watching the early episodes of Moon Knight and had his third personality take him over? (“must release toilet seat down goddess ushabti!”)

12 Likes

Maybe he was jealous because his girlfriend was a little too friendly with the pot at a party. :man_shrugging:

8 Likes

Ironically, men like this truly only belong in a special type of ‘learning’ museum… on display in paper mache with tongue-in-cheek plaques. Remove their names so that they are not romanticized and to give their progeny a chance to crawl out from their shadow.

2 Likes

Toxic masculinity is a hell of a drug

44 Likes

Confused as to why he chose the museum as his target, just glad he was arrested before taking it out on his girlfriend as well (assuming he did not prior to trashing the museum).

8 Likes

I don’t think there is logic to it. Before watching I thought maybe it was say she worked there or something. I guess we should be glad it was direct at inanimate objects and not her.

4 Likes

Florida can’t rest on its laurels of shittiest state with shit folks.

3 Likes

Time to repatriate Greek artefacts. They’re not safe in a failed state

27 Likes

OH man, you haven’t kept up on Greece’s problems lately…

7 Likes

Archaeology is quite safe there once it’s in a museum. Clearly safer than in Texas

18 Likes

I’m sad that my first thought was “good, finally a young angry male that takes his anger out by destroying random objects instead of shooting random people”. That’s how low society has gotten- some asshole smashing up a museum because of his hurt fee-fees is practically a saint compared to the usual toxic masculine outburst, especially in Texas.

22 Likes

Gilbert Gottfried What An Asshole GIF

4 Likes

Come on, man.

Shemar Moore Punch GIF by CBS

4 Likes

i don’t doubt that is true. Dr. Dear Brother (archaeologist, near east bronze age) was working on his doctoral in Crete (Minoan trade). he was mugged at knifepoint in Athens. never went back.
for the next 25 years he worked as site director in Syria and (still) in Iraq where the worst attack was from a centipede that got him on his face. several days in hospital in Erbil.
oh, and repatriation… yes!
hello, BM? Elgin Marbles? anyone? anyone? Bueller?

9 Likes

I cannot believe these artefacts survived 2600+ years intact only to be smashed by a raging child.
He should spend at least 10 years in jail, facing the corner.

(Side note: I cannot say why or how but, if this man voted, I know how he voted.)

12 Likes

Who cares how much these items would fetch at auction? Each one of them was unique and priceless, and this asshole destroyed them, robbing them from the experience of everyone who might visit the museum in the future.

7 Likes

If his girlfriend turns out to be a 2500 year old Greek potter it will be an interesting twist.

9 Likes