Angry Christians riot and throw firebomb at a museum that exhibits 'McJesus' sculpture

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/15/angry-christians-riot-and-thro.html

5 Likes

Israel? Makes sense. I can’t see this happening in the US.

1 Like

How very “Christian” like. If anything I feel like it makes the piece of art more relevant.

24 Likes

This sculpture is more obvious than, say, ‘Piss Christ’. The mob reaction reminds me of the picket lines certain Christians created around a local theater that was showing ‘The Last Temptation of Christ’. None of them had actually bothered to see the movie, so had no idea of what it depicted; personally, I found it a more compelling argument for Christianity than any that group (some of them were with Campus Crusade for Christ) put forward.

18 Likes

JesusFlipsTable

16 Likes

I can. I have met the crazies that would do that.

24 Likes

How do those Christians know that the Romans didn’t crucify Ronald McDonald too?

18 Likes

I am suddenly imagining a whole McDonaldland revival of Jesus Christ Superstar with Mayor McCheese as Pilate, the Hamburglar as Judas, and Grimace as Ciaphas. Oh, and the Burger King as Herod, I guess.

25 Likes

12 Likes

9 Likes

Man, if only there was a quote advising christians against throwing stones, but I’m just not thinking of one

33 Likes

Blessed are the peacemakers; for they shall be called the children of God.

10 Likes

I remember similar stories about violently attacking art out of religiosity. Let me find that madlib… Ahh. Here it is.

This is just more evidence that Christianity is not compatible with Western society and mores. We need to ban immigration from Christian nations and limit where and how they can practice their political philosophy. (It’s not a religion!) Soon they’ll be wanting to establish their own schools, and advertise their religion on their buisnesses, and use it determine what to sell, and who to sell it to! Can you imagine what would happen if they got elected into office? They’ll want to remake the government to enforce their religious laws! We have to stop it now, before it’s too late!

20 Likes

They must think he’s weak and can’t defend himself.

4 Likes

I’d say that the museum didn’t intend to cause offense but i’m sure the artist knew what the opinion/reaction on their piece would be. They aren’t naive.

That said the intense reaction to the art piece is really something. It’s equally amusing and sad.

2 Likes

To be fair. Ronald is looking a bit pallid, and I don’t think he has the healthiest diet.

2 Likes

My favorite movie protest was “Dogma”:

18 Likes

Does fire mean Ronald will rise from the dead sooner or stronger? Or does it cancel it all out (like werewolves and silver bullets)?

I’m telling you, they need to secure their border. All those Christians trying to get in. Fire bombers. I’m assuming, some of them are good people.

18 Likes

If that was intentional, I’m gonna give you a fist-bump. If it wasn’t… fist-bump anyway for inadvertently raising the issue.

7 Likes