Gentleman mad at girlfriend breaks into Dallas Museum of Art and destroys ancient art worth $5 million

Where was the Good Guy with a stool?

10 Likes

Now we need to resort to flinging poop?

3 Likes

Harrison Ford That Belongs In A Museum GIF
shut up, indy!

4 Likes

It is sad that a) we have so many men who cannot figure out how to deal with anger in any way at all, and b) that I was relieved he hadn’t gone there and shot people.

3 Likes

It is a weird choice. Did his girlfriend work there? Had he been there before and thought it would be fun to smash things? He had to get in his car and drive all the way there all while still raging enough to break in and do this when he got there? Ugh. Best not to waste brain cycles thinking about it.

8 Likes

I specified “once it’s in a museum” for a reason. I wasn’t thinking about muggings but more about illegal property development but nobody can say Greece doesn’t take care of its cultural heritage in museums.

5 Likes

Honestly, I doubt the explanation is anything more than toxic masculinity is poisoning our world. It’s a sign of the times that I’m relieved he didn’t murder a bunch of people.

5 Likes

Like many of you I don’t know but my guess is maybe him and the girlfriend had visited the museum and she was in some way or other showing admiration for one or more of the pieces he smashed and he did so to get her attention. Maybe. Not saying it makes sense just maybe that was the thinking

4 Likes

Re: Mad at Girlfriend

The Venus of Willendorf, perhaps?

2 Likes

God forbid we try to get funding for any kind of critical thinking in junior high and again in high schools. Just let them watch legitimate political discourse of the right wing, or proud boys or any other group of aged out adolescents. Lets just let our population get “educated” via social media or the evening news.
Yes I’m extremely glad little kids aren’t dead because this trump-brained stupe feels all butt hurt. It’s just that shit like this, road-rage and mass slaughter could perhaps be avoided if we had a real interest in the education of our children. Of course with the right wing overtaking school boards and teachers afraid to really teach for fear of the wrath of trumpoids where’s a kid gonna learn how to be civil. We’re defeating ourselves because we let the right get their way.

1 Like

Key word there is thinking, clearly he wasn’t.

I wondered the same thing, but…

"Museum director Agustín Arteaga told Fox 7 that the alleged “girl” Hernandez was angry with is not an employee of the museum. “We don’t have any connection that we know of, for that person, related to the DMA,” Arteaga said.”

2 Likes

Stories like this always infuriate me. These cultural artifacts are part of the heritage of the human race and deserve to be protected. Yes, its better that he did this than take a gun to public place and open fire, but this is still A tier assholery.

The plus side is even if the items were broken, they will probably be able to be largely restored. That is a skill set that has been very highly developed by professionals over the last few decades.

3 Likes

It’s Texas; what do you expect?

with relationships, that behavior is what i call a red flag

1 Like

If she didn’t work there, perhaps they had been there before and she expressed some liking for some artifacts. Then “You love them more than you love me” bullshit from the guy.

Got there before me. Damn you, @SpaceGhost (signed, Zorak)

4 Likes

It’s all too true that toxic masculinity really is a sort of drug: highly addictive because of the high it gives, quickly degrades to the laws of decreasing profit, and how it does ruin the health of the user.

4 Likes

…and often ruins the lives of everyone around the user. The analogy seems to hold up well.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.