Gentleman shows off his deck of "found" playing cards, Reddit accuses him of fraud

Aphids! Aphids all over me!

3 Likes

First thing that struck me was the torn cards aren’t mirror images of themselves so even if it is real the guy flipped the backs to make the composite image, which is an odd choice.

Edit: typo, and I read some of the reddit posts claiming to debunk it and, just wow.

1 Like

oh-bother

5 Likes

A friend of mine has been picking up all the loose cards he finds.
Over two years he’s up to four.

3 Likes

Now I’m going to start dropping cards at every opportunity.

5 Likes

The gentleman who found the cards and posted the image(s) has responded to the accusations, provided proof, and silenced his critics.

3 Likes

You’re a diamond in the rough, ain’t ya?

2 Likes

Thanks for the link - I’m allergic to Reddit, that helped reduce my exposure and preverse those previous few IQ points I still have rattling around.

1 Like

Yeah… I don’t think I’ve ever seen a random card on the street.

Here’s how long it would take to make a complete deck if you found a random card every day:

If you find one every twenty days… multiply everything by twenty. So you’re looking at a minimum of about ten years.

Your best case scenario would be to frequently visit destinations with legal gambling, and even then you’d have to do a lot of walking and searching for the random chance of a tourist buying or carrying a pack of cards and tossing some. I’ve lived in Reno and Vegas and i’m not sure if i ever saw any cards lying around.

Dwane, that strange man has been following us and hiding in the bushes ever since you bought that pack of cards…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.