Gentleman stings himself with the world's most venomous fish

Originally published at: Gentleman stings himself with the world's most venomous fish | Boing Boing

3 Likes

Now he just needs to get stung by a few different wasps and ants for reference, and then we can start extending the Schmidt pain index to fish.

10 Likes

He does.

3 Likes

Stonefish are mentioned. Not favourable.

6 Likes

What an unmitigated idiot. What’s next, shooting himself in the head? Think of all the page views! Not that he’d notice afterward…but at least we wouldn’t have to be bothered by future stupid videos.

7 Likes

He should use a different song from Sting in every video. For the views, of course.

5 Likes

If he did the equivalent of this to another human = violent, psychopathic physical and sexual abuse. is this ok? entertaining?

1 Like

… a true genius, this one :man_student:

3 Likes

Apparently the toxicity of stonefish venom is nothing compared to the toxicity of the brew of idiocy, money-, and attention-seeking that is the modern YouTuber.

10 Likes

That’s a really cool fish
and a really stupid person

9 Likes

But is the stonefish okay?

8 Likes

The stonefish should be ok. Probably frightened or annoyed by this guy grabbing and poking at it, but at least it can tell its friends that it shanked him.

8 Likes

“… mandibles attached to those bulbous eyes.”
“… fleet of soldiers”.

One too many venomous stings, I guess.

A true gentlemen, this one (using BB code for imbecile).

1 Like

Maybe we should stop encouraging these idiots by giving them more views.

That might actually work - in a sense - if proteins that quickly denature when heated up are involved. Like those piezoelectric thingies one can use on insect things stings.
However, I don’t see how this method could work without scalding himself considerably, and all the fun that comes with that.
But what do I know; maybe the pain from being scalded is somehow preferable to the pain from a being stung by a stonefish.

3 Likes

“Actually I did expect a venomous stonefish to sting me,” sobs man who voted for Venomous Stonefish Stinging You Party.

1 Like

I was confused because (a) I’d seen that second guy before, hunting for pain (b) didn’t realize there were TWO such idiots out there (c) they’re on the same YouTube channel.

I think the singular phrase that would have kept me from going anywhere near this idiotic stunt is “tissue necrosis”.

6 Likes

I’m sure his Thermos bottle will keep all the water he could possibly need at scalding temperature until just when he needs it

It’s a good plan

He’s a planner

1 Like

I hear that if you dip your arm into concentrated hydrochloric acid, most stings don’t seem that bad. Maybe something about proteins denaturing or some kind of reaction like that.

2 Likes