Gentleman tries to kidnap a woman, but she runs into a karate studio. The man then gets his ass kicked

When the man became more aggressive, Ephraim did what head senseis do best

…He signed him up for a 6-month non-refundable course and charged him $100 for a gi and $75 for each new belt he earned.

[I kid. Please don’t hurt me.]

21 Likes

Even so, its not their fault if the guy didn’t know how to fall.

Uhhh… Gentleman do not try to kidnap women. What kind of headline is this? Then doubling down calling him a gentleman in the first word of the lede.

As noted above…

simpsons-thats-joke

14 Likes

No, the dream is to live in a world where violence is not needed.

7 Likes

Whew. Sorry then. I definitely misread what you were saying. I’ve trained a long time, in a lot of different martial arts and this is a tough one to get across. No one, normal, wants to hurt anyone but sometimes you have to to defend yourself or others. And in those moments, you just can’t worry about anything but getting away.

It may have back fired on her but so glad it worked out. Sounds like this guy was big and determined. Martial arts are no magic. The guy could have hurt even the Sensei. He clearly was not in his right mind to attack police for sure.

3 Likes

It’s the smile, given with the full knowledge of all the different ways you could take them apart, that does the trick. :grin:

2 Likes

This site has a long-established pattern of using the word “gentleman” where most of us would use the word “idiot”.

I love happy endings!

5 Likes

Classic Dr. Demento tune! Love it!

1 Like

Previously: https://gizmodo.com/5543273/ninjas-save-man-from-being-mugged-and-beaten

Do not make assumptions as to anyone’s mental state, race, gender, ethnicity, religious beliefs, group affiliation or sexual orientation without corroboration.

https://bbs.boingboing.net/faq

You might want to consider editing that.

6 Likes

17 Likes

No, no, no. That would have required a massage parlor, not a dojo.

13 Likes

I liked this post entirely against my own judgement.

12 Likes

Well, if they’d only legalize sex work and protect sex workers, the awkwardness wouldn’t be an issue. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

6 Likes

The man was arrested and taken away on a stretcher to a hospital for injuries.

Happy New Year a-hole!

8 Likes

Welcome to Boingz!

2 Likes

This has literally happened, and generally people unarmed with guns tend to back down when the business owners draw on them.

The ones that always amaze me is when someone bursts in to a gun store and tries to rob it with a knife, or even with a gun. Literally every employee there is open carrying. What do they think is going to happen? Even if they were a super soldier, there’s no way that they could cover all the possible angles of exposure from different people.

But I guess some people just have the dumb.

2 Likes

I bet he wishes it was an Aikido dojo.

The funniest one was when the local chief of police was inside having a coffee with the owner, and his marked police car was parked right outside.

2 Likes