Gentleman uses backhoe to destroy Travelodge

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/22/gentleman-uses-backhoe-to-dest.html

4 Likes

God, I hope he lands a trump tower contract next.

23 Likes

Next video is longer

1 Like

I guess they won’t be keeping the light on for us now, huh?

5 Likes

That’s Motel 6.

6 Likes

On one hand, this seems excessive and possibly dangerous.

On the other, if more people reacted like this to not being paid properly, perhaps wage theft wouldn’t be larger than all other forms of theft put together

16 Likes

13 Likes

Gentleman uses backhoe to destroy Travelodge

i realize the notion of a gentle​man is moribund but… [holds door for self on the way out]

2 Likes

Indeed, I believe gentlemen settle such matters by other means. Perhaps fisticuffs per Marquess of Queensberry rules would have been more in order.

2 Likes

Not that many contractors will do a demo job for free.

10 Likes

I’m digging (so to speak) the Liverpudlian running commentary…

Yeah, if one is morally bankrupt, wage theft is pretty tempting when there are no consequences. But if there were consequences…

5 Likes

Seems like this never happened to Trump. He must have some real estate secret - I wonder if it’s revealed in his books?

2 Likes

Unfortunately Trump stopped paying his ghostwriter right before he got to the part of the book about avoiding consequences for not paying contractors.

9 Likes

I believe the piece of equipment shown in the video is actually known as an excavator. Backhoes are similar, but the bucket operates from the rear of the machine rather than the front.

Not that it matters in the slightest, just random mildly interesting internet information, woo.

4 Likes

The last Motel 6 I stayed at was in Phoenix and it looked like it had been designed and built by unpaid contractors. The bathroom door scraped on the ground, but there were two inches of open space at the top. It also opened inward, so you had to squeeze through the space that was available when the door hit the toilet, and sort of pirouette into the shower stall so you could close it. The sink was outside the bathroom area and it fell apart the first time we used it. Before breaking, it clogged, but luckily they had a poking stick nearby. There were also two dedicated parking spots for the police, but I figured that was more of a Phoenix thing than a Motel 6 thing.

As to this video, it’s amazing how some people will react to not being paid for a job they’ve done, or are doing. Good thing nothing like that is happening on a grand scale. Right now.

5 Likes

No need to see me in court. I’ll just keep going with this backhoe and see you in the courtyard.

1 Like

It’s amazing how cheap you can stay at a place if you don’t care about personal safety…

I went to one in St Louis last year - and OMG - the Towels… they were just like the ones in high school gym class. I had a Ratatoui moment where it all came rushing back to me when I tried to dry off with one.

4 Likes

Turns out that this disgruntled laborer was upset because his weekly wage hadn’t been deposited into his bank account.

Funny thing is, it HAD been deposited.

Oops.

6 Likes

D’oh!

Thanks for the follow-up, by the way.

1 Like

6 Likes