Watch: Outrageous hotel owner in Michigan calls woman "piece of sh*t" and kicks her out when bathroom leaks

Originally published at: Watch: Outrageous hotel owner in Michigan calls woman "piece of sh*t" and kicks her out when bathroom leaks | Boing Boing

9 Likes

People suck.

25 Likes

Especially this one.

Christ, what an asshole.

Ain’t no way this dude is going to come out smelling like a Rose.

36 Likes

Is his name Basil perchance?

18 Likes

Basil was tragically flawed but never really set out to be unpleasant or give his guests a hard time; he was long-suffering, misunderstood and beaten by life.

This guy seems naturally a lot meaner than Basil and deserves what’s coming to him. Lord knows what he is facing that’s made him this way; I’m imagining financial pressures from c19? (A reason, not an excuse)

14 Likes

I’m with you.

I don’t understand what made him go there with the politics. Maybe she checked in wearing a mask? Dog only knows. Some people are absolutely TRIGGERED by people who wear masks.

It’s good that she has the video. She can dispute any cc charges.

32 Likes

Canadian Yes GIF by CBC

17 Likes

It sounds like he doesn’t care. It appears there’s a history of complaints and the family owns the majority of the hotels and attractions in the town.

13 Likes

So she didn’t turn the shut-off valve and instead of going to rescue his property from more damage he simply castigates her for not having done it. Utter twat. I hope his insurers see this video when he makes his claim for ‘escape of water’ damages.

I’m not a fan of TripAdvisor but the reviews are telling.

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 23.14.01

19 Likes

Posting on Parler while being a dick no doubt.

10 Likes

The family and investors own eight restaurants and 28 hotels in Mackinaw City, so another city might be an idea. (If this guy is manning a hotel desk on the night shift, then he’s low on the family totem pole.)

36 Likes

Murder scene or enema bandit?

9 Likes

I predict a decline in his family’s business’s online ratings.

20 Likes

http://www.mackinaw-city.com/hotelreviews/Mackinaw_City_Hotel_Reviews-Crown_Choice_Inn_and_Suites_Lakeview_and_Waterpark-8032.php

The city website seems to give much higher ratings. Seems like good reason not to trust anything in the town given that much is owned by the family.

11 Likes

Is there a list? (We were planning on taking a trip to northern Michigan soon.)

9 Likes

One of the reviews on TripAdvisor alleges that they shuffle reservations between different hotels in their empire and pretend that they aren’t part of the same group. They also allegedly trick customers into booking expensive suites by claiming that all the other rooms are booked up.

19 Likes

“It’s your bathroom now.”

Okay everybody, let’s all go and rent every single room in every single hotel they own, and kick them out. HOSTILE TAKEOVER!!!

18 Likes

If one family owns all the hotels they probably control the Chamber of Tourism too.

18 Likes

So is there any good reason for the Internet to not destroy this business empire?

20 Likes

Yep, even the city website has at least one review saying that they were put up at another hotel with a dirty room when they booked crown choice.

11 Likes