Watch: Outrageous hotel owner in Michigan calls woman "piece of sh*t" and kicks her out when bathroom leaks

Rent every room just before a major conference or sporting event, then cancel them all five minutes before the deadline.
CANCEL CULTURE!!!

21 Likes

ISWYDT :wink:

14 Likes

Holy crap, I’ve stayed there! 4 years ago we took the kids on their first trip “Up North” and extended our trip by a day and found a room there so the kids could hit the indoor water park. It wasn’t awful, but it also wasn’t very well maintained, so the desk clerk going after the guests isn’t a shock. The sad part is that hotel will be booked solid from now until the beginning of September, there will be little to know repercussions for this action.

10 Likes

I didn’t…until just now. :smiley:

I feel shame, @milliefink!

10 Likes

And well you should. If a capital r and a gif aren’t hints enough, well, you are hereby suspended from the Kool Kids Klub!*

*We really should get around to renaming that club…

12 Likes

In the episode with the young, unmarried, couple that wanted a single room, he certainly was deliberately unpleasant and out to give them a hard time.

4 Likes

“rented” the room so it’s her bathroom now

Oh my good and silly friend, I can demolition that bathroom in short order. After all, it’s my bathroom now.

16 Likes

https://www.mackinawareapl.michlibrary.org/news-events/lib-news/2019/Aug%204%2C%202019

On page 11 of the newsletter above is a story about the family that opened all these hotels. Enzo from the video seems to be the bottom of the family tree.

The motel business has changed over these 50+ years, noted Anna. She fondly remembers when the Clarion was small, every guest was like a family member. Folks might return three or four times in one summer. Their kids played with the Lieghio kids, some remaining friends to this day. They treated her and the motel like family and vice versa. Now there are so many guests that it is impossible to get to know any. And the guests are demanding, they want New York quality, yet they treat the rooms cavalierly.

Looks like the owner family is very clear what they think of the volume of guests they have created.

13 Likes

Ah, but is that the city’s website or theirs? (Or is there a difference?)

I noticed an article from last year where one of the family was complaining about the business receiving UI claims paperwork for people who were never employees. Really, or were they running some people off the books?

12 Likes

Someone on the twitter thread claims that all of the places here are theirs:

http://www.mackinaw-city.com/

(Pain in the ass that whois no longer shows who owns the site.)

Apparently Mackinac Island is safe.

7 Likes

Then rent it back to them at twice the rate!

Definitely, but because of the ferry schedules, many people end up staying in Mac City overnight in order to catch the first boat to the island.

8 Likes

St. Ignace is right over the bridge. Or run up to Sault Ste. Marie. I don’t think I have ever stayed in Mackinac City price never seemed worth it when all the fun stuff is on the other side of the straight.

6 Likes

By the hour, if it was up to me.

7 Likes

Traveled thru Mackinac City two years ago, stayed late at motel near the strait, with two friends exhausted by a long trip and longterm health problems. The staff stood outside our room’s window, smoking and talking well into the night. When I complained, we got thrown out after they called the police on us. Coincidence? Not the same hotel, to be fair.

15 Likes

We started out in Cheboygan for part of our trip, making some day trips from there on our way back from Sauit Ste. Marie. Staying on Mackinaw Island can be pricey, but it would appear to be the best option to avoid the Mackinaw Hotel Cartel.

8 Likes

I was just thinking that. Give me 30 seconds with a hammer or a minute with only my boot.

6 Likes

With the number of hotels they own in that area, well into enemy action.

9 Likes

There are whois history websites with change lists, but I don’t know of one offhand that is free.

2 Likes

A friend of mine has had this happen several times. The bogus unemployment claims, that is. That says nothing about this family of yutzes, of course.

3 Likes

Yes, that’s true.

2 Likes