Watch: Outrageous hotel owner in Michigan calls woman "piece of sh*t" and kicks her out when bathroom leaks

Sounds as if the “Chamber of Tourism” is indeed in their pocket (or simply their front organisation).

6 Likes

I am sure the trumpanzees will book reservations cause owning libs or some bs.

8 Likes

IANAL, but it looks to me like somebody has set themselves up as extremely ripe for a fraud case.

9 Likes

I’d go St. Ignace instead. The UP needs visitors, it’s not exactly a prosperous place and those tourist dollars help a lot of small family operations. Mackinaw City on the other hand has been transformed over the years into a fake little town with very little to offer. There’s really not much to see there anyhow except Fort Michilimackinac, which is fake too, but it predates the 1990’s-built corporate tourist haven on the other side of I75. A person can catch a ferry to the Mackinac Island from St. Ignace.

11 Likes

This is what Basil Fawlty seems like to the random customer (minus the fourth wall, live audience and sweetened laugh track). Basil’s “No Riff-Raff” policy can evidently be updated to “No Liberals.”

2 Likes

I think GOP lovers have re-translated the “party of personal responsibility” from “I take care of my own problems” to “other people should take care of their own problems even if I caused the problem and also I have no problems because I’m a Republican.”

8 Likes

$300 a night? WTAF, is this a normal rate for the area? I’ve traveled extensively and stayed in loads of hotels. I have rarely paid $300 and for that amount expect a fairly high-end experience.

12 Likes

Yesterday seeing this story I walked away really angry. This reminds me of that town in Jersey where the family ran the law and predated on drivers via shitty traffic stops.
But this seems like a family that runs an entire town with impunity like gangsters. Perhaps a RICO case can be brought against them and tear it all down leaving them nothing but shame loss and despair.
That video was the face of every thug and bully in history. The helplessness of the poor woman was palpable. My need for retribution is strong

9 Likes

That’s what I was thinking. It’s Michigan. What are you offering?

CSB
Few years ago first night on a week long trip to Shanghai, 4-star hotel for ~$200/night. Amazing place, but the light in the bathroom went out. I called to the front desk, and in choppy English the guy got “broken bathroom”. 5 min later a dude showed up with a plunger. We had a good laugh as we waited for the electrician.
/Steve

12 Likes

Just bizarre behavior. A flooded bathroom is going to fuck over the hotel - not the “guest”.

Fuck that guy.

11 Likes

“dumb Democrat”

Clever. Setting himself up to parlay his naturally lousy reviews into some “cancel culture” victimhood, maybe some free publicity from Fox News. It’s a winning business strategy!

8 Likes

Sounds like the PD is on the family payroll too.

5 Likes

giphy

7 Likes

You just know Anna Lieghio the Inn keeper pines for the good ol’ days when it was easier to suddenly have no rooms available for people who weren’t white, straight or married.

8 Likes

Interesting rabbit hole. The address of the ChAmBeR of tourism is a standalone Starbucks. Apparently it is extremely rare to find a standalone Starbucks that is not corporate owned, but their old yelp reviews state that they do not accept reward points. Which means they are private like the stands you see in grocery stores and hotels.

8 Likes

Probably pining for the days when they could bring lots of H-2B foreign nationals to fill “those jobs that Americans don’t want”.

7 Likes

And perhaps “they treat the rooms cavalierly” because the furniture is knackered, the plumbing leaks and there are suspicious stains on the carpet.

4 Likes

And DO NOT bring in a UV light!

10 Likes

The fact that these assholes expect paying customers to do the upkeep and maintenance they refuse to demonstrates just how bad an idea it is to allow a family cartel to take over a town and eliminate any market competition. And since it’s essentially a company town, the residents are just as hostage to these entitled asshats’ tantrums as their customers.

10 Likes

Yep.

8 Likes