Gentleman who tossed buckets on nails on Oregon roads for two years given a 30-day jail sentence

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/13/gentleman-who-tossed-buckets-o.html

5 Likes

I don’t often toss buckets. But when I do, it’s on nails.

11 Likes

It seems like a mandatory anger management course could be helpful here. Not to mention restitution to all of the drivers who paid to fix their punctured tires.

Could there be a MAGA hat in his closet?

12 Likes

Since he repeated the crime so many times, that course should’ve been combined with longer jail sentence.

14 Likes

I only had to see the length of the sentence to know he’s white.

28 Likes

What a strange hobby.

1 Like

How about 30 days per incident? 30 x 50 = 1500 = almost three years. At the very least.

12 Likes

I see nothing wrong with scattering toe nails on the road.

1 Like

Does he own a tire repair shop? It is in his, the economies and therefore the country’s best interest for him to produce sales.

8 Likes

This kind of thing is what the stocks were made for. He might very well have killed somebody, caused unknown amounts of damage, but since it can’t be quantified he gets off with nothing. Put him in the stocks and let the people he hurt have their go.
fulminates bitterly about going through six tires in a year

8 Likes

Could there be a MAGA hat in his closet?

I suppose anything is possible, but he registered to vote as a member of the Democratic Party.

2 Likes

last year i came to my car to find a flat tire 4 TIMES! every time, a nail was the culprit. how do so many loose nails wind up in the streets? at least now i know. would love to sentence this dumbass to 300 days of unpaid work on a roadside assistance truck.

9 Likes

Gentleman? No d-bag is more like it.

2 Likes

Do you know that Oregon city is across the river from West Linn? If he’d been across the (very small) bridge, he may have been given community service.

9 Likes

Acts of the “Stupidly Evil” do not belong exclusively to the Right Wing…
…although they have legitimized them.

7 Likes

an example of how the spinning wheels of an unresolved mental obsession can turn into physical action that affects others. For others so afflicted, it comes out verbally instead of physically, still affecting others. Mental health is the last frontier to be addressed in the wider field of health, and it needs to be addressed b/c as in this example, our inappropriate thoughts and actions affect society as a whole

1 Like

Entitled impotent white male rage is a hell of a drug. I say that as a middle-aged white dude who secretly wishes revenge on some of the idiot drivers he encounters daily.

8 Likes

Glad to see he had the competence to realize that a car would just drive harmlessly over 8d or even 16d common nails. Roofers are what you need for this task!

2 Likes

Unfortunately in his case, he could could not separate his rage against some drivers from the innocence of a greater number of drivers. This is how innocent people in a crowd get shot.

7 Likes

Good find. I am willing to admit my general assumptions on the sources of assholery to be wrong from time to time.

7 Likes