Gentleman who was filmed buying every piece of meat from a supermarket is super sorry now

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/24/gentleman-who-was-filmed-buyin.html

4 Likes

Bacon is meat candy.

8 Likes

“he has a mental disorder”

It’s called “being an asshole.” Many people suffer from it.

I am a doctor

of Philosophy.

55 Likes

Yeah. Humans…the most compassionate and giving of the animal kingdom.

25 Likes

4 Likes

What about board certification ?

2 Likes

So, which gentleman is wolfing down that meat right now? Is it the “… nobody would say a bloody word” gentleman, or the “… driven by fear and concern for my loved ones” gentleman.

6 Likes

It is up to the retailer to put the brakes on this sort of behavior.

28 Likes

So, pushing people or laughing at them is worse than bogarting food?

9 Likes

he feels ‘all alone’ because he is currently in self-quarantine.

Well, he’s not “all alone.”

And his girlfriend looked nice at the press conference.

It’s a comedy twofer!

14 Likes

Every time something like this happens, it happens with a store employee being complicit. We can’t expect people to limit their own greed.

2 Likes

Sure but you know how this works. If some clerk (esp. without actual store policy) had said, “hey, you shouldn’t buy so much, leave stuff for others.” there’d be an internet shame video of them instead.

5 Likes

Jesus Christ - how much meat do you eat??? Shits going to get freezer burnt by the time you get it all done.

11 Likes
  1. Nothing but a greedy-guts arsehat.

2. Here’s a deep Canadian secret: when we say “Sorry.” - we don’t really mean it. We’re just a bunch of sarcastic bastards who (if we get drunk enough) will fuck your dog and then eat it - and then say: “Sorry.”

3. Not really. We’d never eat your dog.

4. If they had enough beer and weed at home they’d never have done this. This, folks, is why you need to be prepared.

sorry

7 Likes

I’ve got a pretty big deep freeze in the basement.

I couldn’t possibly fit two shopping carts of meat down there.

Where the fuck do you even store that much? Did this guy run out and buy 3 chest freezers before he hit the grocery store?

2 Likes

Make him eat it. ALL OF IT.

Starting …now!

3 Likes

My parents are living in the countryside, where there are farmers raising cattle, when they are low on meat they call a farmer and say they’re interested when they are going to butcher an ox or a calf. Then they buy a quarter and put it on a freezer. They have a big freezer by the way. Buying meat wholesale directly from a farmer is cheap and seeing that the soon-to-be steaks well treated is reassuring.

Buying a whole cart of prepackaged meat? Nonsense.

9 Likes

This is a truly phenomenal line from an ever-quotable movie.

But let’s get real. When the xenomorphs are hankering for some colonist candy, they probably get real nasty with each other.

1 Like

Fair point…but that’s over food. Not MONEY.

1 Like

I get bored with all the certifications I have to get. Is that close enough?