This woman got mad that a restaurant doesn't serve dog meat so she read an angry script at steakhouse diners

[Read the post]

1 Like

ā€œItā€™s not food. Itā€™s violence.ā€

Yes, and I will be hitting up the local violent burger joint at lunch time.

13 Likes

Iā€™m about to abuse some beef and veggies.
Ohhh the horror.

7 Likes

haha ā€œsomewhere in the USā€ take a look at the cops patch at the end.

2 Likes

It was in Toronto - at the Keg Steakhouse manor - which last I checked is not in the US; but what do I know Iā€™m just a hyper intelligent shade of blue.

5 Likes

I hate assholes who make life miserable for people earning basically no money in a shitty job and have zero to do with the politics or policies of the company. Peta would do this shit to me when I worked at Disney. Listen Iā€™m just hear for the check and the benefits, leave me alone.

27 Likes

And itā€™s not just the political crap either, prank phone calls to restaurants and drive thru pranks also suck. The guy at the pizza parlor doesnā€™t need Howard Sterns flunkies calling him 10 times in a row at 6:30pm.

9 Likes

Sheā€™s got a good point, really. Not having dog, cat and horse meat is ridiculous and classist.

However, sheā€™s an asshole who has another point entirely.

Plus, anybody who says that chickens are sentient beings who ā€œloveā€ corn is deluded.

At some point, somebody should invoke Peter Watts who would assure us all that nobody is sentient and weā€™re all deluding ourselves.

Which should at least go back to the point that it doesnā€™t f*****g matter what we eat.

6 Likes

If they were free range organic corn fed dogs, why not?

The puppies are more tender. Taste like veal.

16 Likes

Eating dogs would be counterproductive. I mean, we spent thousands of years turning murderous wolf-monsters into our allies so they could help us kill other animals for meat.

(Or maybe the wolves were the ones playing us. Either way, Iā€™d rather not rock that boat considering thereā€™s a wolf-monster who sleeps at the foot of my bed.)

19 Likes

I eat meat but I like this sort of thing. Iā€™m interested in being convinced without being coerced.

2 Likes

#FTFY

How convenient for a midnight snack tartare.

10 Likes

For crying out loud, donā€™t give her any ideas!

7 Likes

Iā€™m getting a turkey for thanksgiving that was pretty much raised like a pet.
I am hoping that it is extra delicious for all the love and pampering. :slight_smile:

11 Likes

Personally I prefer the long pig. With a nice chimichurri and a glass of chianti (yeah, riffing on a classic)

7 Likes

Although pigs are bred for the tasty meat we train some of them to be used as truffle hogs.

1 Like

It would have been funny if the waitress indulged and yes ā€˜Yes!, itā€™s todayā€™s specialā€™. ā€˜We have locally grown Canine Cheeseburgers. We also have a nice Filet of Troll.ā€™

14 Likes

This is a thing I would pay a premium for, seriously.
I already pay through the nose for organic, free-range, cage-free, grass-fed, local etc.
I would pay even more for ā€œtreated well and humanely, slaughtered quickly and without stressā€.
(Yes yes, Portlandia, I know)
But I would, I would seriously pay more!

10 Likes

Iā€™m sure that protester changed a lot of hearts and minds that day. Uh huh.

10 Likes

Based on what I have read, good dog should taste like yummy tender veal. mmmm. I do like veal.

1 Like