This woman got mad that a restaurant doesn't serve dog meat so she read an angry script at steakhouse diners

Dogs are pretty gamey compared to grass or grain feed cows which are bred to be tasty. Dogs are bred for being snuggly and cute.

Also re: above - they do eat horse meat in some places.

I really have no problem if you decide to restrict your diet. But don’t come into a restaurant or my home and tell me I’m doing it wrong.

7 Likes

As far as I know there is at least one restaurant in Toronto that serves horse. For quite a while after they opened the protesters outside were a fairly permanent fixture.

4 Likes

That reminds me, mushroom season is around the corner. Never found a truffle, but we’ve found false truffles.

2 Likes

There’s a bistro I go to that serves horse (its delicious) and they get protested from time to time. Which causes a counter protest by its patrons who order horse and eat it at the tables in the window AT the protesters.

The owner is generally bemused by it all… and they sell out on the nights there are protests.

I mean, it is weird that we eat some animals and not others… people are weird.

10 Likes
3 Likes

Horses are big expensive jerks.

11 Likes

Wasn’t aware that Toronto was “somewhere in the US”…

We’re putting down almost five cats and two dogs every day in Toronto alone. Why aren’t these animals consumed instead of just tossed in a bin or a fire or whatever we do with them.

I’m really surprised that a progressive website like BoingBoing, which takes a very harsh line against climate change denialists, and polluting cars, and all the shit we do to destroy the earth… yet loses their shit over some bacon and couldn’t care less about animal cruelty or the way we produce and consume meat because it tastes good so fuck it, right?

1 Like

I like meat. If there were no laws against certain kinds, I don’t really think I’d care what kind of meat. I’m willing to try any meat once.

I do think we should hunt for food more, and hunt for sport less. Eradicate ranch farming, and create more jobs. I also eat a hell of a lot of beans and other vegetables in comparison to meat.

I also think someone there needs to slide a plate of food down the back of her trousers.

2 Likes

Huh - I think I found one of those once. Found a stink horn once too. Looks like a carrot sticking out of the ground with poo on the tip.

I love fungi. To look at. Not to eat. Stop eating fungus. Stop it!

And lobster! Its a giant bug that lives in the ocean! Stop it!

9 Likes

I’m not sure thats whats happening here. Mostly we’re mocking the ineptitude of the protest.
I mean, I literally said I would pay more for well treated animals. So I’m not sure what you’re upset about.

Also, my cat came from the Toronto Human Society, and she is the best little black cat ever. Everyone should get one.

Also also, I have heard it said that global warming is affecting the feral cat population, in that later winters and earlier springs have added two new litters every year. Spay and neuter your pets people, spay and neuter!

4 Likes

This is the kind of post where a bunch of people reply with variations of “oh I love meat! meat, meat, meat!” and “I will eat even more meat” and “they are just stupid animals” and “they shouldn’t tell me what to do.”

4 Likes

Is it within 100 miles of the border?

2 Likes

I love vegetables and fruits! Bring me your artichokes, your beans, your durian, your mangoes!!.

God I want a cucumber right now.

7 Likes

Do you have any numbers on how many people’s corpses we bury or burn instead of eating? Equally stupid!

6 Likes

I don’t necessarily believe this protest was a good one, but anytime there’s an article about vegetarians/vegans doing something, you get shit like this:

2 Likes

Depends on the state of a corpse. I’m pretty sure you shouldn’t eat something that’s not butchered properly and is decomposing.

Also, that would be cannibalism. That’s not quite the same as not eating dogs but eating cows.

3 Likes

It’s because dog meat isn’t very good.

Unlike horse, which is delicious. Horse should definitely be on the menu.

5 Likes

I can’t imagine it’s much worse than rabbit, from what I remember, and people eat that shit.

1 Like

About 1000 miles,give or take.