This woman got mad that a restaurant doesn't serve dog meat so she read an angry script at steakhouse diners

@monkeybars

You left out the best comment!

3 Likes

Your examples are all from an article about a stupid, obnoxious protest primarily targeting minimum-wage earners.

I donā€™t necessarily believe you are wrong, but your sample size does not demonstrate that you are correct.

8 Likes

I donā€™t necessarily believe this protest was a good one, but anytime thereā€™s an article about vegetarians/vegans doing something, you get shit like this:

vegetarians/vegans who do shit like thisā€¦

3 Likes

Rabbits are people too.

1 Like

I think I would find that so annoying and obnoxious that I would have to loudly order the veal. I donā€™t even like veal.

2 Likes

11 Likes

We do the same with plants. We eat corn. Actually we FORCED corn into existence from a grass. We then harvest it, mulch up the stalks, and start again next year.

On the other hand we keep ficus plants as pets in homes and offices, constantly trying to not kill them by giving them too much or too little water.

ETA - most of the animals we keep as pets used to serve a function that made them more valuable than as food. Dogs helped us hunt everything. Cats kept away disease spreading vermin. They still do some places. At the horse farm my kid takes riding lessons at, this big olā€™ black cat killed a nice sized rat.

9 Likes

Nope. Creepy green bastards. ā€˜Kill them with fireā€™ is not an option (the alarm is LOUD), but I torture them with dehydration. Our secretary is my adversary, Iā€™m nearly positive she has some Stockholm syndrome and takes care of the fuckers.

2 Likes

Soylent Green is People!!

2 Likes

Just salt the soil.

1 Like

I canā€™t recall what nature program it was, but once my kids and I were enjoying a show about surviving in a rain forest. Turns out the soil is pretty nutrient poor, there is a lack of decent protein, vitamins and such. So what do we ingenious humans do? The kids there scavenge the forest for land crab: big big BIG spiders. Theyā€™d hunt em down in crevices with sticks, then roast em over the fire. Theyā€™d crack the legs like crab (ps - I love catching and eating crab btw). To cook em they would roast em on a stick over a fire. If a kid was too hungry and didnā€™t cook them enough to burn the hairy spines off first they would have an itchy tongue/face/throat or something. Spider: mm mm good!

My kids were non-plussed when I said ā€˜well, crabs are pretty darn near spiders anyway, right kids?ā€™

If looks could kill, Iā€™d be in a basket.

4 Likes

After being a vegan for around 20 years, and spending countless hours trying to debate rationally veganism, I can emphatically say OP is correct.

1 Like

I would think eating other people would have a much higher likely hood of promoting disease mutations in humans than us consuming other animals. Personally I wouldnā€™t morally object to it, like you said it is a potential source of protein/meat, but the likely hood of something along the listeria in Blue Bell ice cream issue except far far worse is higher than Iā€™m comfortable with.

Even a cursory glance at how animal products are produced in modern times elicits gasps and turning away from the most committed meat eater. What makes you so proud of your ignorance?

Isnā€™t this a repost?

It sounds rather familiar.

Way to be obtuse. The abuse is how the animals are treated while they are living. No one cares what you do with the corpse afterward.

2 Likes

While these people epically flubbed what they were attempting, it seems obvious that the point of the protest was to point out the irrationality of loving some animals and condemning others to a fate worse than death. I am scratching my head at Markā€™s headline. What an odd way to summarize this.

The protest isnā€™t targeting minimum-wage earners. Itā€™s targeting the people eating at a steakhouse, but you missed that. The protesters arenā€™t expecting the hostess to justify The Kegā€™s business practices. Theyā€™re trying to get people there to look critically at their plates.

I didnā€™t know you needed me to go out to every other article about vegans doing something in the wild and pull out quotes from the comments there to prove my point. This isnā€™t a thesis on how internet commenters react to herbivores. It was a statement about my observations. Maybe thereā€™s been a single time where it there was protest/vegan festival/person talking about being vegan on the Internet and someone didnā€™t say ā€œyeah but meat yum loooolā€. Maybe. And then yes, my statement would be false, and you win. Congrats.

BoingBoing cares about the environment and how we impact our earth only when they forget how much they like eating bacon.

Or even simply released? Why are people so arrogant as to assume that other animals should not exist independent of human stewardship?

Why do you assume that anyone is losing their shit? It was a simple three-paragraph account, with no mention of what bOINGbOING does or does not care about.

1 Like