Gentleman's attempt to pull off a slip-and-fall scam foiled by security camera

Originally published at: Gentleman's attempt to pull off a slip-and-fall scam foiled by security camera | Boing Boing

5 Likes

Sliippin’ Jimmy he aint.

31 Likes

It didn’t even look like he committed to the fall enough for a doctor to actually say there was any damage done. He should have at least bruised his hip or something.

13 Likes

Where is crisis actor justice champion Alex Jones when you need him?

20 Likes

Yeah, how does that work? Don’t you need medical proof that you were actually hurt for that sort of lawsuit?

9 Likes

Bruising his pride by getting outed as a dumbass has gotta be worth a few scratch-off tickets out of pity at least.

9 Likes

The back is a complicated enough structure that you can have tremendous pain and minimal objective findings. Or moderate findings, and not that much pain.

22 Likes

God, this is infuriating.

7 Likes

It’s a small comfort to me that ALL of his friends and family and coworkers will see this.

10 Likes

Fakers fall backwards. True slips fall forward.

4 Likes

17 Likes

You wouldn’t want to actually fall any distance at all as part of faking a fall - you’d risk seriously hurting yourself, and then what would be the point? He doesn’t appear to be young, so falling even a foot or two onto a hard surface could be enough for real injury. Most of these scams rely on unsupported claims or fake evidence, but even if he was going to “be real” and have a bruise, much better to do that separately, inflicting the most minor injury possible that would give you a bruise, under controlled conditions.

I think in most cases, the mere threat of a lawsuit triggers the home/business insurance pay-off, so they don’t even really have to fake it.

I have to say, I kind of feel sorry for the idiot. He’s an old dude obviously desperate for money who figured the business’s insurance would pay him, so it was a “victimless crime.” Except he only managed to screw himself, as according to the comments on Reddit, he got fired and even arrested as a result.

In terms of the fuckery I’ve seen just this morning, it doesn’t even rate (and it was self-correcting).

4 Likes

this video has been out for at least a year.

There are a lot of scammers/thieves who get old who aren’t necessarily “desperate” for money. Cons are just easier than working.

One of them used to be president :confused:

12 Likes

Got anything newer for us?

2 Likes

About as believable as the fakes in the NBA and European Soccer!

4 Likes

His excuses are as shoddy as his fake slip and fall:

Goldinsky, a resident of Randolph, New Jersey, was arrested on January 15. Prosecutors charged him with insurance fraud and theft by deception, saying the fall was no accident, according to CBS New York. The incident happened last year at an unnamed company in Woodbridge, New Jersey, where Goldinsky worked as an independent contractor…

CBS New York spoke with Goldinsky after his arrest. He was released with a summons until he faces a judge in February. “Yes, I was brought to the police department,” he told CBS New York. “I didn’t do it, it was a mistake.”

He got off fairly lightly:

two years of probation and 14 hours of community service. In addition, the defendant paid restitution in the amount of $563.48 to an insurance company at the time of sentencing.

5 Likes

7 Likes
2 Likes

Gods, now I’m imagining Trump without his money, getting caught on camera lying down in restaurants pretending to have fallen… cheers me right up.

7 Likes