Oops! Gentleman who fakes a fall to collect insurance money is caught on surveillance camera

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/02/01/oops-gentleman-who-fakes-a-fa.html

6 Likes

This is exactly the sort of crap that makes companies want to install cameras every where, and we become a surveillance state. I hope they make him pay for every penny he cost the ambulance, hospital, doctors, nurses, lawyers, workers comp folks and the company.

21 Likes

2/10 for effort. I mean at least try to make the fall look legit. Get a bruise somewhere man.

8 Likes

yutRrqm|nullxnull

13 Likes

which occurred between September 1 and November 1 last year.

There’s surveillance video, but no record of when the tape was made?

4 Likes

Reason number eleventy something of “Why We Can’t Have Nice Things”

7 Likes

I really love watching these videos where idiots get caught red handed.

7 Likes

How does this work, anyway? If he did fall, the insurance money only goes to the ambulance and hospital anyway. It’s not like I receive a personal check from insurance over and above the amount I paid to the hospital when I get an injury.

Or was he going to sue the restaurant? He’d have to show injury, which the hospital wasn’t going to vouch for…

Maybe he already had an injury, which he knew insurance was going to deny, so he had to invent a covered injury to get them to pay. Maybe this whole story is about the failure of health care in the US…

11 Likes

I’m not going to stand here and let you bad mouth the United States of America!

6 Likes

20 Likes

Obligatory ‘Slippin’ Jimmy’ reference:

13 Likes

stupid autonomous robot caught on camera?

2 Likes

15 Likes

He’d be great at drawing fouls in the NBA though. :rofl::thinking::disappointed:

9 Likes

“A” for effort.

3 Likes

That made me laugh.

As did this guy’s “fall”. Good lord man. Put some backbone into it.

3 Likes

Now lets’ hear from the insurance companies how they are 100% clean and honestly payin full and on time for the services they advertise are covered under their contract.

I remember how my health insurance company tried TWICE screwing us up by pretending coverage of 60% whereas it was 100% all within their network, blahblahbalh. It took two phone calls (!!!) each time to force them to pay what they should have paid.

Oh, and other times, I won’t even mention - they deny payments at any opportune moment you are not looking. Poor insurance companies … they are so honest and hard-working and they honestly try …

2 Likes

Insurance company screw people over all the time, but fraudsters like this gentleman make it a lot easier for them to do so by creating the impression that a lot of people are faking injuries in the hopes of a big payday.

14 Likes

Compare this small time loser to the grifters than ran Fyre Festival and its associated fraud, pulling millions of dollars out of the air as if it were nothing. Then compare those nobodies to the con men and racketeers running the insurance companies and the too-big-to-fail banks and . . . hell, our whole economy, I guess.

It’s effing disconcerting.

4 Likes

As much as I dislike cameras everywhere, there are times when it helps people get justice:

I agree that the guy in the article should pay for his crime.

4 Likes