Geraldo scolds Orlando victims: "For God's sakes, fight back!"

With AR-15 for “scale”

4 Likes

Bette Midler should have cut his balls off.

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1310&dat=19911103&id=XkRWAAAAIBAJ&sjid=1uoDAAAAIBAJ&pg=6700,611743&hl=en

1 Like

If the talking heads of Fox News were capable of following your level-headed deduction, yes.

5 Likes

Such advice is vanishingly irrelevant in a statistical sense. Does little other than to inflate common perception of the risk, which is already way, way, way overblown.

1 Like

There isn’t even any kind of, “Maybe if…” or “Too bad there wasn’t…” to this story, as there was a good guy with a gun there - and he couldn’t stop him.

To quote from a news summary…

A uniformed Orlando police officer working at the club off-duty first heard gunshots. Omar Mateen was outside with an AR-15, a handgun and an explosive device.

The officer fired at him, police said.

9 Likes

Here’s Geraldo cowering like a schoolgirl* when he was “under fire” - why didn’t he fight back?

*I say schoolgirl here to remind Geraldo and others that some victims of mass shootings are actually schoolgirls. How sick is that, that we have to imagine what an actual schoolgirl cowering from a shooter looks like?

11 Likes

He’s a living example of a species known as the Douche Baggasarous Rex.

6 Likes

Hey Geraldo! How about keeping your opinions to yourself…

12 Likes

But I own a pistol and I go to the range and I shoot at pieces of wood real good so that if I was in a loud, dark room full of screaming people running around I’d just calmly unholster my concealed carry pistol and headshot the bad guy in one perfect shot and then I’d get on my unicorn and ride out to the police and they’d say what a good boy I was.

31 Likes

To be fair, that’s what the owners want it to do, not what it’s designed for.

Look, that’s the kind of stopping power you need. Sometimes those deer will not go down.

“For God’s sake, be at least 300 miles from the shooter! Jesus Christ, these are terrorists, people!”

4 Likes

As pointed out by others, that worked for him in Afghanistan and Iraq.

2 Likes

What Geraldo thinks merits what exactly??? I’d rather hear the thoughts of anyone who has made an intelligent ,thought-out statement than the oral farts of a fool whose 15 minutes of unearned fame are past by decades

3 Likes

Fuck that guy.

3 Likes

Ewww, no.

http://reactiongif.org/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/10/Wanna-throw-up-GIF.gif

12 Likes

Not even with a chair to his face?

4 Likes

It doesn’t seem to work very well, just judging from the past.

He’s still bumping his gums to this day.

4 Likes

Oh, I think the results look really goddamned good.

2 Likes

Maybe they just didn’t hit him hard enough, then?

17 Likes

Still to be determined:

1. Whether people did, indeed, fight back.
  2. Whether any of the victims were shot by people fighting back.
4 Likes

I’m going to catch a lot of flak for this. But I am just trying to add a little necessary levity here.

This is what I imagined how Geraldo believed his little scenario would have played out.

6 Likes