Geraldo scolds Orlando victims: "For God's sakes, fight back!"

“Screw you; I’m workin’ for Mel Brooks!”

4 Likes

Anyone seen JCVD? That was a nice take on the difference.

4 Likes

Or better yet…

5 Likes

To hope Geraldo has a chance to test his own advice would be horrible. Not because violence is never right, but because it would mean putting other peoples lives in danger. I hope Geraldo steps on a rusty lego.

6 Likes

Once again I find myself searching YouTube for the My Name is Earl clip of Earl shouting “Hey Gerardo! Fuck you!” and once again I am disappointed. Somebody needs to get on that.

2 Likes

Rambo Von Rivera ?

2 Likes

“The best steersmen stand ashore.” - Dutch proverb

12 Likes

Come to think of it, it seems pretty likely that this fuckstick is simply trying to dog-whistle that gay folks are pussies.

Which is obviously arse-backwards, if you consider it for a moment: sex with women, not to mention conformity, is the soft option.

7 Likes

It’s funny that Geraldo is literally wearing rose-colored glasses…

1 Like

Remember when Geraldo fought back against Dave Schultz, the 6’6"wrestler he pissed off? Right, cause he didn’t. He just got the shit kicked outta him. And good old Dave had no gun. Hypocrisy for breakfast anyone?

1 Like

I think that was John Stossel who had the piss slapped out of him by Dr. D.

3 Likes

Enlist already, if it’s that important. Or is the “we’ve got to stop them” part just for other people?

6 Likes

Oh yes, fight back, you know, next latin dance night at a gay club all of them should be armed, while dancing, so next bad guy that enters the place armed should be shooted by dozens of guys in a crowded, dark… you are telling me the NRA have not said that already?

1 Like

I think Geraldo imagines it works something like 0:50 in this clip:

4 Likes

That is not true. A typical magazine for one of those carries 30 rounds. Things are bad enough without giving gun nuts ammunition to discount reasonable calls for gun control

1 Like

He probably wasn’t using one; but it’s entirely true that a ‘high capacity’ magazine can be good for 100 rounds. The ‘c’ in ‘C-mag’ stands for ‘century’ for that reason.

Comparatively rare and fiddly vs. the more typical smaller ones; but hardly fictional.

3 Likes

If I recall correctly, that’s a polite, technical way of saying they’re designed to start tumbling and ripping up everything inside your body, instead of making a relatively clean hole through you.

It’s just too easy sometimes to use sterile, analytical terminology like this when the reality is so horrible.

(The company my father used to work for made 105 mm shells and other toys of the military-industrial complex, and he would tell me stuff like that when I was a lad…)

4 Likes

Yeah, pretty much. It’s illegal(for military weapons, in civilian and police equipment it’s a feature) to design the bullet to expand or fragment in order to produce extra tissue damage; but it’s within the rules for a fully jacketed bullet to tumble to achieve similar ends. Very important to follow the rules.

4 Likes

Three words to describe Geraldo: shit eating coward.

1 Like

I have significantly more weapons available at my desk than I have on my person at a nightclub. Geraldo would be laughable if his bullshit “advice” wouldn’t get more people killed in an active shooter situation in a facility with a lot of open space.

@Chris: Well played, and welcome to BBS!

3 Likes