Get a 3-pack of Samsung-certified micro-USB cables for just $24.99

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/12/13/get-a-3-pack-of-samsung-certif.html

I don’t think Samsung is currently the best company to make that guarantee.

Bah, too slow. enjoy the karma, err, likes train.:slight_smile:

Never forget.

I recommend Tripp-Lite UR050-006-24G (6 ft., reversible USB-A end) – $8 on Amazon, so x3 are $24 instead of $25. Had them for two years and they haven’t failed.

Strangely, the mysterious Boing Boing copy writer doesn’t use the 10 foot cable for the most common need for extra length micro USB cables, charging a phone while traveling or at a cafe where the AC plug is not close to the seating. Not sure what benefit a10 foot USB cable is in your car, though.

It’s for when you forget your phone on the roof of your car.

Maybe a really big 1970’s Cadillac? Might need a 10 footer to get to the back seats in one of those…from back when the cigarette lighter plugs were actually for lighting cigarettes while driving :open_mouth:[quote=“p96, post:6, topic:91067, full:true”]
I recommend Tripp-Lite UR050-006-24G (6 ft., reversible USB-A end) – $8 on Amazon, so x3 are $24 instead of $25. Had them for two years and they haven’t failed.
[/quote]

I’m having good luck with the Anker heavy duty cables:

Secure fit, and sturdy enough to be durable, but not so sturdy that I’m worried the cable will break the phone - something that some of the past Boing Boing store special cables seemed like they might do.

However, I am in the market for a 10 footer. The cables in the OP might fit the bill. But I have a hard time getting past the “All sales final” terms, and I don’t need 3 10 foot cables at the moment.

Well, I, for one, use the always-on cigarette power in the far back of the Escalade, I just run it up along the back and across the roof. Even then I have about four feet left, which I then use to auto-autoerotique asphyxiate myself.

Is that one of the new Motorola add ons?

It is. Hello Moto indeed!

It’s voice activated, which I sometimes have trouble turning off, but I can’t see where it can go wrong.

Anker has 10ft cables as well, in four or five levels of probably increasingly redundant sturdiness. I’ve found their other stuff (portable battery, multiple-usb desk and car chargers) to be excellent quality for the money.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.