Get a taste of Demetri Martin's observational humor in this 'Ellen' clip

Hey, smoke some weed, and so do I!

2 Likes

He made me laugh a bunch of times. I’ll look up the special!

I’ll very enthusiastically second that recommendation for the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (slight correction there); it’s an absolutely fantastic show. It’s on Amazon Prime and the second season is supposed to be released sometime this fall.

1 Like

The issue is the format. Demitri is a master of timing and delivery. So when you give him a five minute spot he doesn’t have the chance to do proper buildup, or chain his jokes.

During his normal sets he has a very good flow going from idea to idea. The topics seamlessly transition while he works on a subject.

So yeah this was definitely weak, and it basically fails due to being a completely different format from his normal set.

The first season hit last november. Over or close to the Thanksgiving holiday. Apparently high levels of binging over Thanksgiving contributed to its success. I didn’t catch it till the spring. But apparently its expected to release next month since it worked out so well last year.

Only show I reccomend that regularly makes people mad at me. Apparently its cruel to reccomenf something that good when there’s only one season.

1 Like

That’s exactly what tripped me up, yes. The flow just wasn’t there. This was more akin to reading a page from the Sunday funnies, without having seen the preceding month of narrative.

1 Like

He is right about the cherry tomatoes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.