Get whiter teeth after just one of these charcoal treatments

It better be civet coffee too, those beans know where they’re going.

9 Likes

Just go all the way and exploit BB’s own haute couture DIY ethos to promote a, “make your own homemade kopi luwak” kit.

1 Like

This is BB, I expect nothing less than ethically sourced non-GMO unroasted coffee and hardwood. You use the hardwood to roast the coffee to your personal desire of intensity and let the hardwood continue to burn until you have charcoal. Obviously this will need to come with its own roasting system and a stainless or glass enema vessel with all silicone hoses and ends. Distilled spring water seems like a given.

3 Likes

They just look whiter because your face is covered in charcoal.

5 Likes

“FDA-compliant.”

I mean, it’s probably NRC-, OSHA-, and EPA-compliant, too, but given how low the FDA regulatory bar is now for cosmetics and “supplements,” that’s not saying anything.

2 Likes

The only thing I’ve ever bought from BB was a BB tshirt, and even then the material was fucking gossamer thin and the graphic didn’t hold up to the washing instructions for more than 4-5 cycles.

4 Likes

FDA-compliance just means you used FDA approved ingredients generally. As in you didn’t source your charcoal from some dumpster, or mixed up the term charcoal with coal and ended up using anthracite.

Means nothing about the effectiveness, suitability, or safety.

3 Likes

Way to shame people with natural-looking teeth, Boing Boing.

7 Likes

kopi bule

1 Like

I think you do have some activated charcoal pills that work for upset stomach. Or you can buy some in a nearest corner-store. Just crush one pill and apply a few drops of water. Exactly the same thing as this paste [or perhaps powder].

1 Like

In all seriousness: I doubt that.
Palm oil and it’s derivatives are nearly unavoidable in any industrialised society nowadays.

ETA: check your toothpaste, and deepcheck the ingredients. Mine contains sodium lauryl sulfate, which is very likely derived from palm oil.

1 Like

please ERASE the “restore your existing tooth enamel in the process” line as it is totally FALSE and INNACURATE!

5 Likes

Here, here! I’m proud of my stained teeth - every one of those stains is a record of a life truly lived. Getting rid of them makes as much sense as erasing a tree’s rings.

2 Likes

What I love about these things are the whole side-by-side photo showing how well the product works, but both halves line up perfectly, making it obvious that it’s the same photo that has been manipulated.

As soon as you break out the word “miraculous”, you’ve absolutely lost me.

“Jesus Himself couldn’t get your teeth any whiter!”

Should we be expecting some oral stigmata?

Hah! Yes! Thank you for doing the legwork of tracking it down.

4 Likes

Yeah. I’m not putting charcoal in my mouth.

Do you drink starbucks?

1 Like

No.  

You’ve already won. But yeah, they burn the crap out of their beans.

1 Like

I think I’ve been using their beans to grill with.

1 Like

If I do have a case of severe stomach problems, then I will take a charcoal pill. There, it makes sense as I want to scrub the intestinal tract and it’s to alleviate an actual case of something upsetting the balance. I do not do this as a prophylactic, and I only do it because of expert advice (my doctor).

It’s the only time I will put charcoal in my mouth. The stuff is tasteless, but i am well aware that I am more or less hard scrubbing my guts as part of the process.