Getting off opioids - help this gal find something to do!

Yeah, I think I might just read it soon.

I think I can handle them, because I’m feeling a lot better than people (or I!) would except. The medication I’ve been given helps so much it’s ridiculous, yet it hasn’t even been properly studied for opiate withdrawal. I found this one study, which really tells all: [Pregabalin for the reduction of opiate withdrawal symptoms] - PubMed

That’s really touching and really resonates with me There’s one artist who has always been my “soul-mate” artist (not that I really believe in any sort of actual soul connection or whatever, but the kind of music that into words exactly what I’m feeling), and that’s Brandi Carlile. And when you feel like there’s even one person who has felt what you do, it helps you find strength.

This song, Late Morning Lullaby, has gotten me through so much; as have many of her other songs too, but this is special:

Florence and the Machine also has a profound effect on me; it’s melancholic and dark in an upbeat way. They can make a song about suicide and have it sound encouraging. Gotye and Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds also make good melancholic relatable music.

Speaking of music - why do my my earphones always make my left ear hurt? Just the left one. I have Sennheiser HD 202, which should be fairly good, so I don’t know where the problem is. Maybe my left ear is just weird.

Anyway, I was surprisingly energetic today and pretty much organized my whole bedroom and cleaned the kitchen while I was at it. I get that Asperger’s “focus-on-one-thing-and-do-it-well” obsession; I must’ve spent at least 3-4 hours doing it, probably more. But it was worth it. Here’s what I said about it in the other thread.

Getting off opioids also makes me want to also improve myself and my enviroment. Cleaning is the first step. I’ve been planning to go get a hair cut, because I hate lenght right now - I used to have dreadlocks (I know, very hippy of me) and then I got bored of the style and just shaved my head. I was so afraid of how I’d look like, but I found out that I look great with really short hair. So I have to get that done. Then I need new clothes. I feel like my current clothes don’t really show my personality. I have a gift card to H&M, but aside from that, I’ll be buying my clothes from UFF, which is like the Finnish version of Goodwill.

This is a new start, in so many ways.

I just wish I could get my appetite back, because I’m barely getting 500 calories a day. though at the same time, the borderline-anorexic in me is excited about not having to eat because I’m usually prone to all kinds of goodies. I’m at normal weight right now, but I’ve many times been underweight and probably will be soon (if not already - I don’t have a sccale). It’s sad that I love it.

But good news are that I’ve been able to sleep lately pretty well. Almost normally. I also haven’t been feeling so cold - actually, I feel really hot right now. I’m also pretty certain that I’ve got the flu, because my boyfriend has it and if one of us gets sick, the other one does as well - we just can’t avoid it.

2 Likes