Getting sick of 'Write for you.'

Whaaaa? Rather confused on that mentality. Sorry to hear about the breakup.

It at the very least sounds a lot better, and sometimes all it takes is reframing rather than anything else.

Might be good for us to go to the metathread and make a suggestion… One of those ‘why did I not think of this’ things really.

Youth left me years ago, then again youth is a relative thing isn’t it? The bear trap is fair enough but over simplifying things… And if live wire is a polite way of saying asshole? Spot on. Definately romanticizing though.

I sure as hell would be. We do need to get some guidelines and the like going so anyone participating both don’t sink into whatever their go to comfort zone is constantly, but not constantly putting frameworks up that nobody has interest on.[quote=“Donald_Petersen, post:29, topic:94087”]
Up until recently I was working 60 hours a week at a non-writing job, plus I have a wife and two school-age children, so I do have to make time to write.
[/quote]

For me I am very ‘work at home,’ so my work environment is my home environment and even with walks and such it has a very stir crazy feel about it since anything negative anyone does to me gets magnified by the fact I both see the same people day in and out, and have no other meat space local. So any attempts at being helpful calm or otherwise end up feeling less helpful and more 'I am better than you I do not recognize you may need to do things different at times even while being reminded yes I am disabled. I want to think my stepdad means well but at this stage it less feels like he wants to help and more he’s just being a dick.

So the fun kinda gets sapped out of all things as a default.

Fictionpress stuff:
https://www.fictionpress.com/~singletona082
I do want to pick a couple ofvthese things up again in rewrites but eh.

Tuebl/ebook.bike
http://ebook.bike/books/46325/Blue-Shadows
Short story collection I wrote right after a rather bad patch. I know that site has epub but I think they give you a text option. The anchor story had a fairly extensive rewrite because the original ending was a variation of ‘all a dream’ and I realized I hated that cliche.

Mars Needs Sprockets

Take Life After People, mix Brave Little Toaster, store, and serve. I actually had fun writing this one. It’s the fact different tabletop groups at places I went outright ignoring the setting it’s based on that killed my enthusiasm.

The weird thing is if I can get any momentum going I’m more or less fine. I keep getting interrupted since work is home and home is work and I cannot just go ‘leave me be.’ This also makes gaming an issue. I mean obviously I have time right now, but usually by the time things clear out I just want to sack out and enjoy the quiet.

I have this weird idea of having group based writing done under an explicit ‘boingboing’ banner, clean up after we get satisfied with the end point, and start offering them as epub/PDF/text/etc free downloads (creative commons of course.) Possibly reaching way too far though.

4 Likes