Getting to work on time: FINAL BOSS FIGHT

And they get to be glared at by the Captain who is intently thinking “DON’T YOU HURT MY SHIP!”

3 Likes

Well, when a mommy tree and a daddy tree love each other very much…

It’s the top of a very, very tall tree and the ship is passing very close to the shore. Or someone lost some sticks and that’s where they wound up.

2 Likes

Within that ship then is London, which commutes to Southpool every day on many many wheels [nine more kinds of exposition, then …hence Roll-On-Roll-Off cargo?]
Or it aggregates various driving-over-Wales/flying-over-Sweden Russian aggressions, per outsourcing agreements that sorta work in Finnish ports, hence Ro-Ro.
It boards in ice floating on defouling paste, and embarks on giant dogfish on lost flip-phones, the turbidity being marked with Rho…

1 Like

Maybe but this ship is on dead flat water. If the ship is on the ocean, a person right beside it can get pulled under by suction and have a much worse day. There are suits built for short term survival in freezing water. I know that occupants on the helicopters which deliver people to oil rigs use them. I would expect this person to be wearing one as well.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure they put it there as a marker so you can find the ramp more easily on the featureless sea ice.

5 Likes

… and some light breakfast wine to go with it.

Cheers!

3 Likes

Tree? I thought it was a bus stop sign

1 Like

Keep following the ice-free channel? :wink:

3 Likes

Yeah the trees are just markers put there. No way the shipping route is that close to an island. What gets me, is that the ice where they extended the gangplank from is already cracking. So there is a real chance that having his weight leveraged off of one end is going break it and the he falls into the water.

2 Likes

I wondered at them leaving the gangplank behind, but they might have gone back for it after they recovered the drone.

2 Likes

Nope. They need it every time a ship is going through the channel. A pilot has to board and guide the ship through the passage and harbor.

1 Like

Yes, but where they’ve left it doesn’t appear to be solid land, and I don’t think it was chained to anything. What happens if there’s a storm or a thaw?

Come to think of it, what do they do in the summer?

3 Likes

Well I’d guess that they have enough floatation bolted underneath the gangplank that it floats, because gangplanks falling into the water is NOT a new problem. In the summer they’re going to use a boat. But you do wonder what they do when there is too much ice to use a boat but not enough to walk on. Helicopter?

2 Likes

It probably was summer…

1 Like

Well that’s what happens when i forget to turn the sound on.

1 Like

Shadow of the Tavastland

c.f.

1 Like

Use a boat.

1 Like

Those harbor and river pilots are fearless. They’ll board and disembark at all hours in all conditions.

1 Like

I’m more interested in that propeller-powered snow machine.

3 Likes

Yeah could this be a solution for shipping freight across the arctic during winter?

1 Like