Giant "void" detected in Great Pyramid

Dear far-future aliens picking over my fossilized remains,

I solemnly promise not to make my tomb a damn puzzle-box. Not because I want to make your job easier, but because I’m unimportant and can’t afford a custom mountain-sized grave.

You’re welcome.

7 Likes

I plan to put a time capsule in my casket.

If I end up being rich, you’re damn right i am going to have some sort of death trap puzzle box thing I am entombed in.

7 Likes

What’s the point of striking it rich if you can’t take a few archeologists with you? :grinning:

13 Likes

That’s a neat, and totally uncomfortable, idea. :+1:

4 Likes

I plan to make a business of it when I retire.

If I can ever retire.

If the robot overlords allow that sort of thing.

Those fuckers are lazy. Like one in a million even own a whip. Most of them aren’t even in good enough shape to dodge poison arrows or out run a massive rolling boulder.

8 Likes

I bet that’s where the dank carpet is.

10 Likes

Do you mean instead of, or in addition to… uhhh… what’s left of you?

3 Likes

Addition. Two for one. Remains to study, and context of the remain’s life.

2 Likes

What if you are inside your own time capsule, which is within your casket?

(& inside you is a mini time capsule, with a mini you inside it.)

2 Likes

8 Likes

If you are suggesting a Russian Nesting Doll concept, that could be a premium package. I was thinking more of a metal cylinder put in between the legs in the casket.

4 Likes

Break room.

6 Likes

Heh.

6 Likes

Wow. if that was mine it would be brim-full of undead and these big spider things. But the treasure is totally worth it.

3 Likes

The voids are where they put their weed.

3 Likes

“ALIENS”

10 Likes

1 Like

waiting for some species to show me the sand dams

As someone who once had to carry 1/6th of a casket I can only ask you to make your time capsule as light as possible.

Edit: also my bet is that this void is larger on the inside than the outside.

4 Likes

It’s thought that, during construction, the Grand Gallery served as a ramp to drop a hoist’s counterweight down, which helped pull heavy building blocks up using a rope. The position and size of the void suggests they built another one higher up once the GG became too deep. There was a limit to the length of usable ropes which could be made.

3 Likes