.gif BANK for the BBS

I don’t know… obviously a re-watch is in order! :smile:

1 Like

I came to it late, and binged the first 3 seasons (+ miniseries). Season 3 was my least favourite, I think.

2 Likes

Tracked it down – it is from Last Night.
Last Night (movie post)
Edit:
Last Night (1998) - IMDb
Don’t know why that link isn’t working any more…
Here’s the pic from that site:

3 Likes

The Don McKellar movie? I saw that at SIFF years ago and got to meet and chat a bit with Don before the film. He is a really nice guy. We also watched Existenz, and The Red Violin that year as well.

2 Likes

that last one may be the greatest gif in all of humankind.

2 Likes

I don’t have the faintest idea why, but holyshitfuckpow it makes me laugh like a child.

EDIT: Perhaps because I can’t help but see a touch of this in the GIF modulated flatulent g

3 Likes

Seriously. I don’t know what’s going on there, but I love it.

BSG and Lost both followed the X-Files formula:

• Establish mysteries at the start to make people come back to see them resolved at some point in the future.
  • In later episodes, establish more mysteries.
  • And more mysteries.
  • And still more mysteries.
  • Until the series ends.

When the series ends, there’s no credible way to resolve the mysteries. At best you get a deus ex machina or “gods did it, and they work in mysterious ways kthanksbye.” Everyone is disappointed. But that doesn’t matter; pay cheques are based on the first run’s ratings.

BSG kept reminding people at the start of each episode that the Cylons “have a plan.” A promise to the viewers that there was a pay-off, a big reveal coming to show their motives and resolve the mysteries. And yet the “Final Five” wasn’t even thought of by the writers until they were first mentioned a couple seasons in. With who the final five not decided ahead of time, so that even when THEY were revealed, it didn’t explain or resolve any earlier mysteries. The Cylons had no plan, nor did the writers.

3 Likes

4 Likes

10 Likes

Oh, cultural historians of the future, you are seriously, seriously fucked.

11 Likes

What the jiminy christmas is that.

3 Likes

Nathan Barnatt. He of the infamous Obama Victory Dance (which incidentally introduced me to Two Door Cinema Club, so for that alone, I fucking love him):

6 Likes

Do you want a drink? I have drinks.

1 Like

And, as requested. What the actual fuck from the Artist Formally Known As Prince.

10 Likes

Reminds me of my favorite Mulder gif.
Mulder on wheelies with no fucks to give.

Edit:

8 Likes

Getting ready for Halloween?

2 Likes

Basset Hound Chaser
11 Likes

Thank you! I imagine this was the look on his face when his offer to purchase one of the historic mansions near downtown St. Paul was rejected because he wasn’t white.

5 Likes

Seriously? GTFO…

No really, seriously?

5 Likes