Girl kidnapped on street out of mother's arms, then rescued in dramatic hotel raid

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/11/19/girl-kidnapped-on-street-out-o.html

5 Likes

“We, the jury, find the defendant incredibly guilty.”

13 Likes

The Forest Hill police chief fired a sergeant who expressed doubt about the tip that led to the second visit.

Endemic violence and racism: Temporary paid suspension.

Expressing Doubt: There’s the door!

Maybe we’re going about this the wrong way.

9 Likes

Chills you right down to your bones.

7 Likes

That’s what stood out to me. I’m not saying that the sergeant was right and shouldn’t be reprimanded, but given what police get away with, much less with full support of their superiors and peers, that’s way out of whack.

5 Likes

If only we could rescue those 69,000 kidnapped immigrant children with this kind of determination.

8 Likes

I hate stories like this because it provides fodder for the terrors in the minds of people like my ex. But I am glad they got the son of a bitch.

5 Likes

What’s with the cop at the bottom of the frame with a sideways “gang banger grip” on his weapon, right next to his head? While it would be very unfortunate if he had to discharge the weapon, seeing the recoil smack him in the head would have been priceless. TV cameras make people do stupid things.

2 Likes

Inside Edition hell. This made my local cable news channel! They had the jury deliberation at 10 minutes not 15 though.

1 Like

Yeah, stuff like this is exceptionally rare AIUI. But damn, it’s a good thing they got him.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.