Glenn Frey of the Eagles, RIP

That documentary was excellent and it was the first part of a set of two. I was wondering if his death would impact the completion of the second video. I really wanted to see it.

Also, this sounds like a particularly nasty set of diseases to suffer with. I am sorry he had to go this way.

2 Likes

One night stumbling around a city in Ireland with a group of fellow Americans we came across some street performers. They didn’t know any of the songs we asked them to play
until we got to “Hotel California”, and then the whole crowd that had gathered sang together, different people filling in bits that the others couldn’t remember.

In those days I was poor and stingy but when the hat went around I emptied my pockets into it.

Hail and farewell Glenn Frey.

3 Likes

Even I can play Hotel California (the chords ok! Just the chords!)

1 Like

Ouch! The grim reaper is very busy these days

1 Like

I was thinking that. We’re a generation who had the luck to grow up with a kind of 50 year spread of wonderful performers and creators. Lots around the same age though; and they’re passing away.

I do hope that our constellation of stars is reinvigorated with new talent.

2 Likes
2 Likes

i read that the Eagles were going to be given the Kennedy Center honors this past november, but they postponed it until this coming spring because he was sick. so sad.

4 Likes

As @Ryuthrowsstuff mentions, it’s the long term effects of having a serious auto immune disorder. My uncle just died of it, a few days before Christmas, in the same way: officially, it’s the pneumonia that gets ya.

It’s just harder to fight infection, in general, especially when it involves things like not being able to get enough oxygen in your lungs.

2 Likes

Tip o’ the iceberg, I’m afraid.

Sheez, I hope that’s not the kind my mom has. She’s got, like, Ent hands at this point but she hasn’t mentioned rheumatism.

I don’t think creepy hands would be the only symptoms, it’s just the most visible/depressing. In all likelihood she’d have problems with nearly every joint, not just hands, and have a host of other symptoms. So you’d probably have heard about it if it was RA, but it can be pretty mild sometimes.

my best guess is we’ve finally found the ent wives, and we should call Treebeard STAT

1 Like

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=122948825

When the quake struck at 4:53 p.m. on Jan. 12, Signal FM was playing “Hotel California.” The Earth groaned and the building shuddered, but just before the DJ ran out, he had the presence of mind to hit the “repeat” button.

3 Likes

Great story; thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.