Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem covering "Jungle Boogie" feat. Sam the Eagle is always a good time

Originally published at: Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem covering "Jungle Boogie" feat. Sam the Eagle is always a good time | Boing Boing

…

6 Likes

That it is, that it is.

4 Likes

First Fred Rogers, and now a crowd surfing Sam the Eagle with Dr. Teeth. Maybe this isn’t such a bad day after all.

9 Likes

Sam the Eagle always scared me as a kid and I don’t know why. I’m over that now and thoroughly enjoyed this video.

3 Likes

I, for one, am glad they finally let Floyd Pepper rip a proper tasty bass solo.

4 Likes

The Electric Mayhem is the best! Having them cover one of my favorite songs is even better. Very well done!

4 Likes

6 Likes

drumming swedish chef GIF

6 Likes

Love this song. Love the Muppets, but I am so glad this ended up being something that could be read as a dream sequence. Muppet characters don’t really have an arc that would reasonably allow Sam to shift his mentality and let loose in that way. i think the thing that’s made the individual Muppets last as long as they have in the cultural zeitgeist is that they’re relatively unchanging archetypes.

3 Likes

Agreed. Before the end, I was thinking β€œOk, what’d they slip into Sam’s drink?”

2 Likes

If they put together a live action concert tour with π·π‘Ÿ. π‘‡π‘’π‘’π‘‘β„Ž π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ πΈπ‘™π‘’π‘π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘ π‘€π‘Žπ‘¦β„Žπ‘’π‘š , it would sell out. Muppeteers, Muppets. and voice actors singing the classics with interleaved segments of terrible punny jokes and high jinx is something that I think would be successful.

I’d also settle for a variety show with π·π‘Ÿ. π‘‡π‘’π‘’π‘‘β„Ž π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ πΈπ‘™π‘’π‘π‘‘π‘Ÿπ‘–π‘ π‘€π‘Žπ‘¦β„Žπ‘’π‘š .

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.